Boat grills have become extremely popular among boat owners and latest numbers suggest that thousands of best boat grills are installed every year in the United States alone. Nowadays, modern boat grills vary in size and build thus they also vary in price.
However, before you get too excited and pick the first best boat grill you see think about how many individuals you normally take with you out to see plus consider how much free space you have on the deck. These factors will help you decide what shape and size best boat grills will fit out on your deck and still leave space for family and friends to sit around.
Plus, think about whether you are going to spoke any foods such as fish and if so then you will need to purchase a smoking stone separately. Moreover, you might need to purchase additional accessories such as scissors to cut the chicken up or stainless steel grates that you could use to prepare steaks and sausages.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 15 Best Boat Grills in 2020
- Top 15 Best Boat Grills Review in 2020
- 1. Char-Broil Portable TRU Infrared Gas Grill
- 2. Magma Products Infra Red Gourmet Series Gas Grill
- 3. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 4. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Propane Tabletop Grill
- 5. Camco Olympian Portable Rv Grill
- 6. Magma Marine Kettle Gas Boat Grill
- 7. Cuisinart Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
- 8. Arnall’s Pontoon Grill Bracket Set
- 9. Magma Connoisseur Series Gas Grills
- 10. Kuuma Stow and Go Propane Tabletop Boat Grill
- 11. Springfield Deluxe Propane Grill
- 12. Kuuma 58140-A Camco Gas Grill
- 13. Extreme Marine Products Cuisinart Grill
- 14. Smoke Hollow Pontoon Boats Grill
- 15. Dickinson Marine Boat Grill
- How to Choose the Best Boat Grill Size?
- Relevant Resources
Comparison of 15 Best Boat Grills in 2020
|Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared Grill||Check Price|
|Magma Infrared Gourmet Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Grill||Check Price|
|Camco Olympian Grill||Check Price|
|Magma Marine Kettle Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Cuisinart Electric Tabletop Grill||Check Price|
|Arnall’s Pontoon Grill||Check Price|
|Magma Connoisseur Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Kuuma Stow and Go Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Springfield Deluxe Propane Grill||Check Price|
|Kuuma Camco Stow Gas Grill||Check Price|
|Extreme Marine Cuisinart Grill||Check Price|
|Smoke Hollow Grill||Check Price|
|Dickinson Marine Boat Grill||Check Price|
Top 15 Best Boat Grills Review in 2020
1. Char-Broil Portable TRU Infrared Gas Grill
This model of boat grill can be used with all types of gas including butane and propane thus it is very versatile and comes in three different shapes. Customers can select from rectangular, triangular and circle boat grill this will give you a chance to select just the right both grill for your marine boat deck.
Moreover, it is very large and will be great for someone who usually entertains large groups of individuals on the boat back or it can be used for family gatherings and special occasions such as wedding anniversaries and birthdays.
Overall, users have reviewed it only positively and have said that it looks very sleek and modern plus the manufacturer offers a 1- year warranty. The exterior of this boat grill is designed in intricate brass ornaments that add value to the boat grill.
- Looks modern and sleek
- Great for large groups of individuals
- The manufacturer offers 1-year
- Works with all types of gas including propane and butane
- Customers can choose from many different shapes including rectangular and even triangular
- The wheels on the bottom legs were reported to be very wobbly and not sturdy at all
- You will need to keep this boat grill dry at all times because otherwise water stains can be formed
2. Magma Products Infra Red Gourmet Series Gas Grill
Another best boat grills from a manufacturer called Magma that is made out of stainless steel and cooper plus it is very large at 25 inch diameter and can also be used to entertain a large family or gathering of friends. Lots of customers have reported using this boat grill at the center of their boat decks as a centerpiece because of its beautiful design.
Unlike the previous model this boat grill is very easy to assemble because the packaging box contains a very clear instruction booklet and the manufacturer offers great customer support that could guide the customer on how to assemble this model of boat grill.
Moreover, the bottom of this boat grill has a retractable tray that can be used to throw out any ash that is left over from a cooking session. However, just like the other models you will need to take great care and make sure that the boat grill does not get wet because otherwise the exterior could be stained with water marks.
- Very sturdy despite being lightweight
- Works great with all types of gas including butane and propane
- Great for small to medium boats
- Warranty from the manufacturer
- Clear instruction booklet included in the packaging box
- Chrome plated gas regulator
- UV resistant cover
- Available in 1 color only
- Expensive compared to other similar models
3. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
A large boat grill that will be great for large groups of people plus it works with all types of gas including propane and butane. However customers have reported that this particular model of best boat grill uses a lot of gas hence it is not very economical.
On the good side, it is very lightweight and comfortable so you can move it around the body as needed plus the manufacturer offers a 3 year warranty certificate.
- Lightweight and portable
- Trustable brand
- Clear instruction booklet
- 3 year warranty period
- Easy to remove the ashtray
- On the expensive side compared to other similar models
- No rain cover
4. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Propane Tabletop Grill
A very small and compact best boat grills that has been specially designed for small boats and for couple of people. Moreover, the manufacturer has designed it to be economical thus it uses very little propane or butane.
Plus it is very easy to clean as you would only need to occasionally wipe it from the outside and clean it on the inside. However because this is a budget model the manufacturer does not offer any additional accessories or warranty.
- Very gas efficient
- Compact and lightweight model designed for small boats
- Easy to clean with a damp wipe cloth
- Comes without a cover sheet
5. Camco Olympian Portable Rv Grill
Another great stainless steel model of boat grill that comes with 1 year warranty straight from the manufacturer plus customers can purchase additional accessories such as fish grates at an affordable price.
Customers have reported that it evenly and quickly cooks all kinds of foods and that it does not use lots of gas hence this is a very economical model of best boat grills.
Lastly, the packaging box comes with a nylon sheath that you can use to cover the boat grill when it is not in use so as to protect it from rain and humidity.
- Comes with warranty
- Compact and lightweight boat grill
- Beautiful design with intricate detailing
- Improved air flow thanks to new technology
- The surface can be hard to clean
- Available in cylindrical shape only
6. Magma Marine Kettle Gas Boat Grill
A budget model of best boat grills from Magma manufacturer that would be great for small boats and small groups of people however keep in mind that no stainless utensils are included and you will need to purchase the book grill cover separately at an additional price.
Moreover, the manufacturer does not offer any warranty for this model plus some customers have reported receiving packages with damaged boat grills inside.
- Fast shipping
- Great for a couple as it is very compact
- Great for small marine boats and small groups of people
- Wheels can be purchased at an additional price from the manufacturer
- The access to the gas pipe and canister is very difficult
7. Cuisinart Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
This tabletop bot grills are compact and made with durable materials. This is why it’s one of the best portable grills for boats. It is ideal for boats. As you should already know, fire is not allowed on boats. But this little performer is one of the best alternatives for non-fire grilling.
With its electric power, it delivers delicious grills right on your boat. It has a powerful 1500 Watt output. This means its suitable for heating as well as for grilling.
But what can you grill on a boat? Well, anything that you can grill at home. I like to grill my fish right on the boat. But I can never say no to delicious burgers either. The bun is also grilled a bit on both sides. I’ve even tried fish burgers and they turned out delicious.
- Excellent 5120 BTU electric burner
- Cooks sufficient food for up to 8 persons
- Can be used to heat up food
- Slow customer service response time
8. Arnall’s Pontoon Grill Bracket Set
As one of the best portable gas grill for boats, it is the option to choose when you are running out of space. The last thing you have room for on a boat may be an electric grill. This practical design is installed directly on the metal boat railing.
Ideally, this railing needs to be square. At the same time, you will need to drill a couple of holes to the railing. However, once the 2 brackets are installed, the grill can be placed away from the boat, adding to passenger’s safety.
Made from marine steel 7 GA, this boat grill is one of the most suitable solutions for all types of delicious food. Form quick sausages to grilled cheese, I wouldn’t say no to good food, especially when out fishing. However, you will need a good drill to have this grill installed safely.
- Compact size
- Installs on the boat’s railings
- Made from steel
- Requires drilling
9. Magma Connoisseur Series Gas Grills
This model of Magma boat grill is made from durable stainless steel material and coated with carbon for added strength and reliability. Customers have reported that this boat grill evenly and thoroughly cooks all kinds of foods without burning it.
Moreover, customers can choose from two different colors and two different shapes depending on what boat size you have. The manufacturer has included a clear instruction booklet and 2 year warranty certificate in the packaging boxes as well.
The manufacturer has included a nylon cover in the packaging box that can be used to protect the boat grill from any water stains especially in bad weather.
- A beautiful black oxide coating
- Water-proof cover
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Affordable compared to other similar models of best boat grills
- Clear instruction booklet
- Comes with a heat resistant utensils
- The rain cover was reported to be very flimsy and let water through
- Starts rusting once it comes in contact with water
- The boat grill can rust and stain
10. Kuuma Stow and Go Propane Tabletop Boat Grill
Moreover, it comes with wheels hence you can move it around your boat deck without any trouble and with very little effort. The interior is coated with a very thin layer of carbon for added strength and better resistance to staining and corrosion.
- Very compact and lightweight design
- Good customer support
- Very affordable
- Carbon coated for added strength and durability
- A small door at the side for easy refuelling
- Porcelain enamel can be easily scratched
- Boat grill cover is not included
- Some packages have arrived damaged
11. Springfield Deluxe Propane Grill
best boat grill reviews mention the Springfield Deluxe. It is unlike any other of the best boat grills out there. It comes with a standing leg and it needs to be secured to the floor. With its 29” post, it sits high and it allows you to quickly prepare delicious food. At the same time, it runs on gas.
It uses a small propane tank but you need to purchase it yourself. This grill might be the most difficult to install. I’d think long and hard about where to place it on the boat. However, once in place, it’s not going anywhere, even with rocking movements.
Some prefer to take it off the boat during the off-season and install it at home or at the weekend cabin. However, I see it on boats and pontoons more often than before. I think this is because of its compact design. With a mini propane gas tank, I think it can deliver one of the best experiences while grilling away from home
- Excellent build quality
- Suitable for gas grilling
- Features a large grill surface
- Requires drilling
12. Kuuma 58140-A Camco Gas Grill
If you’re serious about grilling, this can be the best boat grill for you. Made from polished stainless steel, it offers one of the best experiences for those who want to experiment with all types of meats and vegetables. Its grilling area is large and it works with both propane and charcoal.
I’d mainly recommend using propane on a boat. It can be acquired in both disposable fuel bottles or in refillable tanks. I’d go to the local hardware store to see which of these solutions would fit best.
The grill itself also needs a drill or other similar power tools for installation. This is due to the fact that it comes with a small leg it sits on which needs to be fixed to the boat. The needed screws are already included in the pack.
However, it may take some time for users to find its right location on the boat. My advice is to choose a location with reduced foot traffic on the boat. Everybody wants to be in front to get the most out of their sunbathing sessions so you may want to place it to the side or to the back of the boat.
Maintenance is easy as well. With its included grease tray, it’s very easy to clean. Even more, it allows you to keep the boat free from smells and grease which may potentially attract bugs. Clean and made from steel, it can be used for years for the most delicious grills.
- Made from stainless steel
- Designed with a grease tray
- Doesn’t require assembly
- Mounting screws need to be stronger
13. Extreme Marine Products Cuisinart Grill
A very lightweight and compact outdoor boat grill that will be great for all types of marine boats as well as recreational vehicles and camping cabins as it can be easily assembled and disassembled whenever needed.
Moreover, this model of best boat grills are made from premium materials that will last for years to come plus customers have reported that the interior of this boat grill is very easy to clean and virtually does not stain.
Furthermore, this boat grills can work with propane and butane gas tanks plus the side of the boat grill has a comfortable valve that you can use to control the gas volume reaching the boat grill.
The valve can be detached whenever you know that you will not be using the best boat grills for a long time such as in winter season. This Extreme Marine boat grills can be used to cook, grill and broil all types of meat and vegetables. Lastly, the manufacturer offers separately many additional grilling accessories at an affordable price
- Lightweight and compact
- Great for marine boats, RVs and camping cabins
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Comes with a propane tube and a gas regulator
- Additional grilling accessories can be bought separately
- Oil drippings can be very hard to clean
- Can rust and corrode especially after rainy season
- Uses a lot of gas
14. Smoke Hollow Pontoon Boats Grill
This modified gas grill is one of the best rated boat grills. It offers an on-the-go solution to delicious gas grilling. Some can never let gas grills aside for electric alternatives. These are the users most likely to use the Smoke Hollow.
But when it comes to the overall performance, it is even comparable to a home gas grill. While it is compact, the grill still prepares sufficient food for a small group. Its installation is the process that takes longer than cooking. Since installing on the boat’s railing, it requires a bit of drilling.
But on the other hand, once in place, it sits to the outside part of the boat, allowing sufficient room to move around in front of the grill. Some users have already noted its securing screws can be short for some type of railing. If you want to purchase it, you most likely need to get longer screws.
- Made with a temperature gauge
- Runs on gas
- Installs on the boat’s railing
- Requires drilling
15. Dickinson Marine Boat Grill
Dickinson Marine Large Boat Grill is made from brass body and stainless steel cooking grates thus search design is very durable and reliable hence you can be sure that this boat grills will serve you for decades to come.
Furthermore, customers have reported that it is very easy to assemble that even women were very successful because the manufacturer has ensured that the packaging box contains clear instruction booklet with lots of pictures.
Moreover, the packaging box contains stainless steel utensils that you can use to turn over your steak or flip the fish. Plus, the compact size of this best boat grill will make it very suitable for small boats.
- The manufacturer has included a clear instruction booklet with lots of pictures
- Does not need any additional tools for assembly
- Very compact and lightweight
- Great for small marine boats
- Stainless steel utensils are included in the packaging box
- Friendly and helpful customer support
- Paint tends to chip off after some time
- Lots of counterfeit products
- Pricey compared to other similar models
How to Choose the Best Boat Grill Size?
Firstly, you will need to check your boat to see where exactly you can place the gas tank that will be needed to operate the boat grill then think about how much free space you have. Once you have decided on what free space you have, consider whether placing the boat grill on that spot will not obstruct any pathways.
Moreover, if you normally have children or pets on board then you will need to take necessary precautions. Also, leave enough space between the boat grill and seating area so that people that will be seated will not feel warm from the hot air coming from the boat grill. Furthermore, you will need to decide on your budget because that will help you select the model of best boat grills that will fit your needs and your budget.
For example, if you would want your boat grill to be able to smoke foods such as sausages or fish then you will need to be prepared to spend at least $50-100 more on a boat grill with smoking chamber. Lastly, think about how you are going to clean the boat grill because foods such as fish and meats give out a lot of oil that will then drip below.
Hardened oil stains are very hard to clean plus if you will leave any then they will start to excessively smoke the next time you turn your boat grill on. Evaluate to see how much gas your preferred model of boat grill is going to use because there are many different models with different gas consumption levels.
Before you buy your preferred model of best boat grills make sure that you have inspected it and ensure that it is durable and reliable plus check to see if there is any warranty from the manufacturer. Plus, make sure you read the instruction booklet carefully and assemble it accordingly.
Moreover, give preference to best boat grills that come with wheels so you will have a chance to move it around if needed. Furthermore, look for manufacturers that offer good customer support that can help you in case you will have any questions or problems.