Family camping trips are a terrific way to spend time together and share outdoor adventures. The easiest way to make sure your family has a wonderful experience is to be prepared. Among the things you can do to prepare is learn about the area in which you will be camping showers, gather all supplies you will need beforehand (plan ahead), and learn as much about safety as you can. Prepare yourself with safety tips and procedures for each activity you have planned – swimming, hiking, biking, fishing.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of 10 Best Camping Showers in 2020
- Top 10 Best Camping Shower Reviews in 2020
- 1. Ivation Portable Outdoor Shower
- 2. Simple Portable Camping Shower
- 3. DEDC Portable Outdoor Handheld Camping Showers
- 4. UQC Portable Water Pump & Shower Unit
- 5. Coleman Portable Solar Shower
- 6. ProduTrend Portable Camping Showers
- 7. Riserpro Portable Camping Shower
- 8. Innhom Portable Camping Shower
- 9. Zodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Instant Shower
- 10. SUAOKI Upgraded Portable Camping Showers
- Camping Safety (You Must Know About That)
- Final Thoughts
- Relevant Resources
Comparisons of 10 Best Camping Showers in 2020
|Image||Product Name||Features||Latest Price|
|Ivation Outdoor Shower||Check Price|
|Simple Camping Shower||Check Price|
|DEDC Handheld Camping Shower||Check Price|
|UQC Water Pump & Shower Unit||Check Price|
|Coleman Solar Shower||Check Price|
|ProduTrend Portable Camping Shower||Check Price|
|RISEPRO Portable Camping Shower||Check Price|
|innhom Portable Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Zodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Travel Shower||Check Price|
|SUAOKI Portable Camping Shower||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Camping Shower Reviews in 2020
1. Ivation Portable Outdoor Shower
This versatile shower is perfect for outdoor use. As one of the best portable shower for camping, I see it many times per summer. It comes in various colors although I can only find it in orange. It even includes a powerful suction cup.
Its uses are endless. First of all, I use it to maintain personal hygiene, which is difficult away from home. But I also wash my boots and other fishing gear. It is battery operated and this means you don’t need to constantly press on the suction cup.
Furthermore, it allows for a constant flow of water. I can’t even count the times when I wasn’t able to simply take a quick shower due to the lack of a constant stream of water. If there’s nobody around to pour water, this can be a problem.
There’s a hook system in place as well. You may be able to hang the showerhead in a higher position which would allow you to take the quick shower. But this is indeed limited by your surroundings.
2. Simple Portable Camping Shower
One of the best portable showers for camping is the Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower. Simple is the idea here – simply connect the nozzle to a 1 or 2-liter bottle and turn it upside down for a steady stream of water.
Simple Shower is made in Washington State with recycled material and has many applications, including camping, hiking, in disaster areas – anywhere you have no access to a conventional shower.
For over four years, the manufacturer of Simple Shower, Rainburst, Inc. has found a way to fill a need for people around the world while helping to protect the earth by using recycled, eco-friendly material.
3. DEDC Portable Outdoor Handheld Camping Showers
If you have a water source (bucket, lake, stream), you have a shower with the DEDC Outdoor Portable Camping Shower. One of the best 12v camping showers, simply place the pump into your water source, plug into the cigarette lighter in your car, and you are ready to shower.
If you can pull your car up to the campsite, this portable best camping showers can be used for the whole family – even pets. If you have access to clean water, it can also be used to wash your eating utensils at camp. A stream, lake, or river provides you with an endless water source.
4. UQC Portable Water Pump & Shower Unit
Another of the best car camping showers is the Unlimited Quantity 12V DC Powered Water Pump and Shower Unit. Weighing approximately 2 pounds, the water pump and shower unit is portable and easy to set up at any campsite your vehicle will reach.
As long as you have a large water source (lake, stream, river), you have the ability for an unlimited shower. Simply connect to your power source, drop the pump into the water supply, and press the ON button – you are ready to go.
5. Coleman Portable Solar Shower
Coleman makes it easy to take a few of the comforts from home with you on your camping trip. The Coleman Solar Shower is one of the best camping showers for solar. This sturdy reservoir holds enough water for several showers and uses solar power to heat the water for your shower.
Simply hang and shower. The first Coleman Lantern was introduced in 1914 by W.C. Coleman. While taking a walk in Brockton, Alabama, the young salesman spotted a light in a drugstore window that was fueled by gasoline and provided a bright, steady flame.
Intrigued by this new type of light, W.C. Coleman purchased the patent and made improvements that would light farms and ranches all over America. As time passed, the Coleman company has become one of the best-known companies for lanterns and other camping and outdoor supplies.
6. ProduTrend Portable Camping Showers
All you need is a water bucket (or other water source) and you are ready for a shower with the ProduTrend Portable Camping Shower. Simply hang it up, drop the pump into your water source, and you have an instant shower for your camping trip, mission trip, or other outdoor adventure.
Small and compact, making it easy to transport and use at any campsite. Small enough to fit into your backpack, you can easily have a shower wherever you go. Rated as one of the strongest portable best camping showers, the ProduTrend brings the comforts of home to the great outdoors.
7. Riserpro Portable Camping Shower
With a flow of water equaling 2 liters per minute, this is one of the best camping showers designs. It’s made to offer a total runtime of around 6 minutes with water consumption of around 2.5 gallons. By all standards, this should be sufficient for one good shower. But my advice is to get extra batteries as you never know when you need to share the shower or wash more camping gear.
Like many of the best camping shower reviews show, it comes with quick charging via USB drives. However, you need a USB adapter in your car or camper to charger it on the go. An adapter is not included in the pack but it should not be very expensive.
With a 180cm hose, the shower is long enough even for the tallest users. When the shower time is over, it can simply be packed away as it is more compact than many expect. Since it comes with batteries, it should not be left outside during the colder months of the year. Low temperatures may affect battery life in the long term.
8. Innhom Portable Camping Shower
Made with a 2200mAh battery, this can be one of the best camping shower systems for the ultimate convenience. Made from ABS plastic, it is lightweight and easy to hang. It operates on the same suction principles as other similar camping showers. It also charges its batteries via USB ports.
Ideally, this camping shower would only be charged at the car’s USB port or USB adapter. With a working time of at least 45 minutes, it has sufficient power to run water with a few brakes.
However, if you use it without interruption, the battery capacity drops to only a few minutes. My advice is to only program a full shower when the batteries are fully charged. I know I’d struggle to get it back to my car to charge without being properly rinsed. At the same time, you need to know that the charging time is long. It takes at least a few hours to completely charge.
9. Zodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Instant Shower
If you are searching for the best camping hot water shower, you should consider the Zodi Outback Travel Shower. Ideal for longer camping trips with the entire family, the Zodi Outback is constructed of industrial-grade steel for durability.
Founded in 1995, Zodi Outback Gear operates out of Utah. What began as a cold-water shower container designed for campers and other outdoor adventurers has grown into one of the outdoor best camping showers on the market – complete with instantly heated water. Hunters, campers, military, and emergency rescue services now have access to instant hot water showers wherever the need arises.
10. SUAOKI Upgraded Portable Camping Showers
The extreme portability of the Suaoki Outdoor Powered Handheld Portable Camping Shower makes it one of the best portable best camping showers available. Weighing only 1 pound, the Suaoki Camping Shower is extremely easy to carry and easy to store.
At Suaoki, their mission is to provide high-quality products to the consumer while using practices that cause the least amount of harm to the environment. Suaoki offers a wide range of products in the solar power and automotive fields and beyond. Their motto – Together, we can create a more sustainable and comfortable world.
Camping Safety (You Must Know About That)
While camping and other outdoor adventures provide a wonderful opportunity for family fun and bonding, it is extremely important to be prepared and to consider the safety of your family in any outdoor situation. Here are a few tips from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) for ensuring your family stays safe and healthy on your camping trip.
- Vaccinations – Before you travel anywhere, even within your own country, you should be sure each member of the family is up-to-date on vaccinations. If you are traveling out of your home country, you may need specialized vaccinations to protect you from diseases that are more prevalent in the area you are visiting.
- Contaminated Food – Take measures to ensure your family is not exposed to contaminated food. Be sure to pack your food in tightly-sealed, waterproof bags and/or containers. Store perishable foods in an insulated cooler at all times – return to cooler immediately after use. Wash hands (or use hand sanitizer) often while handling food.
- Physical Activities – Keep your family safe by bringing any safety gear needed for your planned activities – helmets for biking, sturdy shoes for hiking, life jackets for boating.
- Plants – Before your camping trip, learn to identify poisonous plants (poison oak, poison sumac, and poison ivy) in order to avoid coming into contact with them. Include treatment products in your first-aid kit.
- Carbon Monoxide – If you use heat sources for warmth or cooking, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning. Never use heat sources in an enclosed area, such as a tent.
- Bug Bites – Prevent bug bites by applying insect repellent as directed on the packaging. In wooded areas, be sure to check each family member for ticks each day.
- Sunburn – Always apply sunscreen as directed for all outdoor activities.
- Dress – Dress appropriately for the weather to prevent temperature-related illnesses such as hypothermia and heat stroke.
- Wild animals – Never approach wild animals. Rather, watch from a safe distance. Do not leave food around your campsite. Dispose of empty packages immediately so you do not attract wild animals to your campsite.
Choosing the best camping showers for your needs ultimately depends on the situation you will be in. Will you have a power source? Will you have a large water source? How long will you be camping? Those are a few of the questions that will determine which product is best for your family.
After reviewing these 10 best camping showers, I feel that the best portable camping shower is Zodi Outback Gear Travel Shower. The compact case makes it easy to carry and the steel construction makes it durable and the perfect solution for long camping trips with the entire family. Temperature control allows you to heat the water to a comfortable level for each family member.
One of the most important selling points for me is the longevity of the battery. With a fully charged battery and full propane cylinder, your can heat up to 60 gallons of water. The pump is powerful enough at 6 volts to provide adequate water pressure and the debris screen ensures you get a stream of clean water for your shower.
The storage case transforms into a water tank that holds 4 gallons of water – enough for approximately a 10-minute shower. Push button ignition for heat and on/off switch for the pump allow you more control and convenience while operating the shower.
The Lodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Travel Shower is a self-contained, high output shower that can literally be used anywhere. Enjoy all the dirt and mud the great outdoors has to offer with the assurance that you have a hot shower waiting for you back at the campsite.