Family camping trips are a terrific way to spend time together and share outdoor adventures. The easiest way to make sure your family has a wonderful experience is to be prepared.
Among the things you can do to prepare is learn about the area in which you will be camping, gather all supplies you will need beforehand (plan ahead), and learn as much about safety as you can.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of 7 Best Camping Showers in 2019
- Here Are a Few Tips for Preparing Yourself Before Your Camping Trip:
- Health Benefits of Camping
- 7 Best Camping Shower Reviews in 2019
- #1. Coleman 5-Gallon Solar Shower
- #2. Portable Camping Shower by Simple Shower
- #3. Portable Outdoor Handheld Camping Shower by DEDC
- #4. Portable 12V DC Powered Water Pump & Shower Unit
- #5. Zodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Travel Shower
- #6. SUAOKI Outdoor Handheld Camping Shower
- #7. ProduTrend Portable Camping Shower
- Camping Safety (You Must Know About That)
- Final Thoughts
Comparisons of 7 Best Camping Showers in 2019
|Brand||Water Capacity||Power Source||View on Amazon|
|Simple Shower||1-2 liter||N/A||Check Price
|DEDC||N/A||Car cigarette lighter||Check Price
|Unlimited Quantity Com||N/A||Car cigarette lighter||Check Price
|Zodi||4 gallons||Battery||Check Price
|SUAOKI||N/A||Car cigarette lighter||Check Price
Here Are a Few Tips for Preparing Yourself Before Your Camping Trip:
- Research the camp site and surrounding area. You can research online to learn about the camping site (read reviews) and learn about activities or dangers in the surrounding area. Learn where the nearest hospital is, just in case you need it.
- Sleeping Equipment – A few days before your trip, pull out all sleeping bags and check for rips, tears, etc. Wash sleeping bags if needed or let them air out if washing is not needed. If you use inflatables for sleeping, fill them with air to be sure they do not leak.
- Tents – Set up your tent in your yard. Check for tears, holes, or any problem with the material. Be sure you have all the poles and they are in good condition. Also, be sure you have enough stakes to secure each tent if you use more than one.
- Cooking appliances and lighting – Clean and light your cookstove to be sure it works. Check all headlamps, flashlights, and lanterns to be sure everything works. Pack extra batteries so that you are always prepared.
- If the camping area is not equipped with bathrooms and showers, take along a portable camping shower.
- Purchase a plastic tote with lid for camping supplies. Include the following:
- Dish cloth, dish towel, and pot holders
- Can and/or bottle opener
- Coffee Pot
- Garbage Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- Dishwashing pan
- First Aid Kit – should include the following:
- Assorted sizes of Band-Aids
- Butterfly bandages
- Assorted sizes of gauze pads
- Medical tape
- Sterile wipes and/or rinse solutions
- Safety pins
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Hand sanitizer
- Antiseptic ointment
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Eye drops
- Sunburn relief
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- Pain medicine
- Duct tape
- Super glue
- Prescription medications for each person
Health Benefits of Camping
We have heard it our entire lives – get out and enjoy the benefits of the great outdoors. Children are encouraged to play outside as soon as they can walk. Spending time outdoors have many benefits, including health benefits.
Fresh Air – Camping exposes you to higher-quality oxygen than you breathe in towns and cities.
Social Skills – Camping provides opportunities to meet new people and form new friendships.
Exercise – Outdoor living provides many opportunities for physical activity.
Vitamin D – Exposure to the sun provides your body with much-needed Vitamin D.
Reduces Stress – Camping provides plenty of time for relaxing and having an enjoyable time with Family and friends – away from the rat race – which helps to reduce stress and decrease your risk of depression.
7 Best Camping Shower Reviews in 2019
#1. Coleman 5-Gallon Solar Shower
Coleman makes it easy to take a few of the comforts from home with you on your camping trip. The Coleman Solar Shower is one of the best solar camping showers. This sturdy reservoir holds enough water for several showers and uses solar power to heat the water for your shower. Simply hang and shower.
The first Coleman Lantern was introduced in 1914 by W.C. Coleman. While taking a walk in Brockton, Alabama, the young salesman spotted a light in a drugstore window that was fueled by gasoline and provided a bright, steady flame. Intrigued by this new type of light, W.C. Coleman purchased the patent and made improvements that would light farms and ranches all over America. As time passed, the Coleman company has become one of the best-known companies for lanterns and other camping and outdoor supplies.
- Holds 5 gallons-enough water for multiple showers
- Uses solar energy to heat water
#2. Portable Camping Shower by Simple Shower
One of the best portable showers for camping is the Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower. Simple is the idea here – simply connect the nozzle to a 1 or 2-liter bottle and turn it upside down for a steady stream of water.
Simple Shower is made in Washington State with recycled material and has many applications, including camping, hiking, in disaster areas – anywhere you have no access to a conventional shower. For over four years, the manufacturer of Simple Shower, Rainburst, Inc. has found a way to fill a need for people around the world while helping to protect the earth by using recycled, eco-friendly material.
- Turns Most 1 or 2 Liter Bottles (Including Platypus Collapsible Bottles & Bladders) Into A Portable Shower
- Lightweight (Only 2oz) - Makes For A Easy Camping Shower
#3. Portable Outdoor Handheld Camping Shower by DEDC
If you have a water source (bucket, lake, stream), you have a shower with the DEDC Outdoor Portable Camping Shower. One of the best 12v camping showers, simply place the pump into your water source, plug into the cigarette lighter in your car, and you are ready to shower.
If you can pull your car up to the campsite, this portable shower can be used for the whole family – even pets. If you have access to clean water, it can also be used to wash you eating utensils at camp. A stream, lake, or river provides you with an endless water source.
- Portable Camping Shower - the unit consists of a powerful shower head on one end and a water pump on the other end with a S-hook, a suction cap, a 5M power cord and...
- Compact for Outdoor or Indoor use - good for Hiking, Camping, BBQ, Travel, Kid Bathing, flowering plants, Doggy, Cat and other Pet's Cleaning etc.
#4. Portable 12V DC Powered Water Pump & Shower Unit
Another of the best car camping showers is the Unlimited Quantity 12V DC Powered Water Pump and Shower Unit. Weighing approximately 2 pounds, the water pump and shower unit is portable and easy to set up at any campsite your vehicle will reach.
As long as you have a large water source (lake, stream, river), you have the ability for an unlimited shower. Simply connect to your power source, drop the pump into the water supply, and press the ON button – you are ready to go.
- Ideal for camping holidays, boating, 4 wheel driving, caravanning or any kinds of outdoor leisure activities
- Or simply use it to wash your wellingtons or shower your dog after a muddy walk.
#5. Zodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Travel Shower
If you are searching for the best camping hot water shower, you should consider the Zodi Outback Travel Shower. Ideal for longer camping trips with the entire family, the Zodi Outback is constructed of industrial-grade steel for durability.
Founded in 1995, Zodi Outback Gear operates out of Utah. What began as a cold-water shower container designed for campers and other outdoor adventurers has grown into one of the best outdoor camping showers on the market – complete with instantly heated water. Hunters, campers, military, and emergency rescue services now have access to instant hot water showers wherever the need arises.
- Self-contained hot water shower that sets up anytime, anywhere
- Attaches to 16.4-ounce propane cylinder or 5-gallon propane tank (with kit)
#6. SUAOKI Outdoor Handheld Camping Shower
The extreme portability of the Suaoki Outdoor Powered Handheld Portable Camping Shower makes it one of the best portable camping showers available. Weighing only 1 pound, the Suaoki Camping Shower is extremely easy to carry and easy to store.
At Suaoki, their mission is to provide high-quality products to the consumer while using practices that cause the least amount of harm to the environment. Suaoki offers a wide range of products in the solar power and automotive fields and beyond. Their motto – Together, we can create a more sustainable and comfortable world.
- Portable Camping Shower: the unit consists of a powerful shower head on one end and a water pump on the other end with a S-hook, a suction cap, a 3M power cord and a...
- Quick and Easy: powered by a cigarette light plug, it turns a pool of water into a gentle shower-like stream, ideal for outdoor living, on-the-go showering for...
#7. ProduTrend Portable Camping Shower
All you need is a water bucket (or other water source) and you are ready for a shower with the ProduTrend Portable Camping Shower. Simply hang it up, drop the pump into your water source, and you have an instant shower for your camping trip, mission trip, or other outdoor adventure.
Small and compact, making it easy to transport and use at any campsite. Small enough to fit into your backpack, you can easily have a shower wherever you go. Rated as one of the strongest portable camping showers, the ProduTrend brings the comforts of home to the great outdoors.
- THE BETTER PORTABLE SHOWER FOR THE ADVENTURER - Whether you're planning a camping trip, backpacking, hiking, and even going on missionary work overseas, this...
- GREAT WATER PRESSURE THAN YOU WOULD THINK - Equipped with powerful pump technology that works with the built-in lithium rechargeable battery, this shower provides...
Camping Safety (You Must Know About That)
While camping and other outdoor adventures provide a wonderful opportunity for family fun and bonding, it is extremely important to be prepared and to consider the safety of your family in any outdoor situation. Here are a few tips from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) for ensuring your family stays safe and healthy on your camping trip.
- Vaccinations – Before you travel anywhere, even within your own country, you should be sure each member of the family is up-to-date on vaccinations. If you are traveling out of your home country, you may need specialized vaccinations to protect you from diseases that are more prevalent in the area you are visiting.
- Contaminated Food – Take measures to ensure your family is not exposed to contaminated food. Be sure to pack your food in tightly-sealed, waterproof bags and/or containers. Store perishable foods in an insulated cooler at all times – return to cooler immediately after use. Wash hands (or use hand sanitizer) often while handling food.
- Physical Activities – Keep your family safe by bringing any safety gear needed for your planned activities – helmets for biking, sturdy shoes for hiking, life jackets for boating.
- Plants – Before your camping trip, learn to identify poisonous plants (poison oak, poison sumac, and poison ivy) in order to avoid coming into contact with them. Include treatment products in your first-aid kit.
- Carbon Monoxide – If you use heat sources for warmth or cooking, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning. Never use heat sources in an enclosed area, such as a tent.
- Bug Bites – Prevent bug bites by applying insect repellent as directed on the packaging. In wooded areas, be sure to check each family member for ticks each day.
- Sunburn – Always apply sunscreen as directed for all outdoor activities.
- Dress – Dress appropriately for the weather to prevent temperature-related illnesses such as hypothermia and heat stroke.
- Wild animals – Never approach wild animals. Rather, watch from a safe distance. Do not leave food around your campsite. Dispose of empty packages immediately so you do not attract wild animals to your campsite.
Choosing the best camping shower for your needs ultimately depends on the situation you will be in. Will you have a power source? Will you have a large water source? How long will you be camping? Those are a few of the questions that will determine which product is best for your family.
After reviewing these 7 camping showers, I feel that the best portable camping shower is Zodi Outback Gear Travel Shower. The compact case makes it easy to carry and the steel construction makes it durable and the perfect solution for long camping trips with the entire family. Temperature control allows you to heat the water to a comfortable level for each family member.
One of the most important selling points for me is the longevity of the battery. With a fully charged battery and full propane cylinder, your can heat up to 60 gallons of water. The pump is powerful enough at 6 volts to provide adequate water pressure and the debris screen ensures you get a stream of clean water for your shower.
The storage case transforms into a water tank that holds 4 gallons of water – enough for approximately a 10-minute shower. Push button ignition for heat and on/off switch for the pump allow you more control and convenience while operating the shower.
The Lodi Outback Gear Hot Tap Travel Shower is a self-contained, high output shower that can literally be used anywhere. Enjoy all the dirt and mud the great outdoors has to offer with the assurance that you have a hot shower waiting for you back at the campsite.
Last update on 2018-11-13 at 03:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API