If winter finds you in North America, you can’t miss going for ice fishing trip. You need to have the best ice fishing boots so that you can enjoy fishing without freezing your legs. The boots should also provide you with proper traction and prevent water from getting in.
Not all boots out there will be ideal for ice fishing. You want to have a pair of boots that is specifically designed for ice fishing so that you can have a successful fishing experience. Choosing the best ice boots may take a while if you don’t know what you’re looking for. I’ve therefore decided to narrow your search down to 10 of the best ice fishing boots in the market including a buying guide.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of 10 Best Ice Fishing Boots in 2020
- Top 10 Best Ice Fishing Boots Review in 2020
- 1. Kamik Men’s Greenbay Boot
- 2. Sorel Men’s Conquest Winter Boot
- 3. Muck Boot Arctic Men’s Winter Boot
- 4. Baffin Men’s Snow Monster Boot
- 5. Bogs Men’s Classic Winter Snow Boot
- 6. SOREL Men’s Snow Boot for Winter
- 7. Guide Gear Giant Timber II Hunting Boots
- 8. Baffin Men’s Control Max Boot
- 9. US Military Combat Boot
- 10. Muck Boot Men’s Arctic Pro Hunting Boot
- How to Buy Best Ice Fishing Boots Step by Step Guide
- Final Verdict
- Relevant Resources
Comparisons of 10 Best Ice Fishing Boots in 2020
|Kamik Men’s Greenbay Boot||Check Price|
|Sorel Men’s Conquest Winter Boot||Check Price|
|Muck Arctic Sport Men’s Winter Boot||Check Price|
|Baffin Men’s Snow Monster Boot||Check Price|
|Bogs Men’s Winter Snow Boot||Check Price|
|Sorel Men’s Snow Boot||Check Price|
|Guide Gear Giant Timber II||Check Price|
|Baffin Men’s Control Max Insulated Boot||Check Price|
|U.S. Millitary Combat Boot||Check Price|
|Muck Men’s Arctic Pro Hunting Boot||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Ice Fishing Boots Review in 2020
For a memorable ice fishing trip, you need to ensure you have the right boots so that your feet will not freeze. After researching, testing and analyzing different ice fishing boots, the following are 10 best recommendations.
1. Kamik Men’s Greenbay Boot
If you do a lot of walking when you go ice fishing, you need lightweight but warm boots. These Men’s Greenbay boots has that combination and more. These boots will ensure you stay warm even in the most freezing condition. This is because they’re completely waterproof.
While other best ice fishing boots are too stiff, these boots are made from flexible duration 600 Nylon uppers. The lace lock snow collar keeps snow out. The self-cleaning PULSE rubber HE outsole removes debris and mud on its own. These are the best cold weather boots because of the removable thermal guard moisture-wicking lining.
This ensures that if water gets into the boots, they dry really quickly. Its rear pull-on loop strap has been rated at -40oF to ensure that your feet remain warm and comfortable all through your time outdoors. The boots also have a mid-foot adjustable Velcro closure strap to keep your feet snug and thick treaded outsoles for traction on slippery or icy surfaces.
- 100% waterproof
- Flexible with self-cleaning outsole
- Removable thermal guard moisture-wicking lining
- Rear pull-on strap
- Adjustable Velcro closure strap
- They keep your feet warm even in cold conditions
- Made with flexible material for easy walking
- Moisture-wicking material to keep water off your feet
- Offers superior comfort
- Treaded outsoles gives you traction even on slippery surfaces
- The liner is uncomfortable. You’ll need socks that are longer than the boots
2. Sorel Men’s Conquest Winter Boot
There are those meant only for ice fishing. If you however need boots you can use for any ice activity like snowmobiling, hunting, sledding or fishing, you need versatile boots. These Men’s Conquest Boot are the best boots for ice for any occasion. For these boots to be as versatile as they are, they have to be made from exceptional materials.
The boots are made from leather and fabric that is durable, rugged and waterproof rating them at -40o F. The boots are also made with built-in gaiter bootie that has a drawstring and barrel lock snow collar perfect for ice fishing or winter sport activities.
For comfort, the boot is made with a molded eva comfort footbed, multi-direction rubber lug sole and 400g of thinsulate ultra insulation. All these materials ensure that your feet stay secured and protected in extreme cold weather conditions. The rubber sole of the boot gives you more traction preventing slip on icy or slippery surfaces.
- Made from leather and fabric
- 1005 waterproof and rugged
- Built-in gaiter bootie with a drawstring
- 400g of thinsulate ultra insulation for warmth
- Rubber sole
- Versatile for use in any ice activity
- Durable, rugged and waterproof
- Made from materials that will ensure your feet stay secure
- Rubber sole offers a steady traction even in slippery conditions
- Offers exceptional warmth and comfort
- The boots are heavy and less flexible
3. Muck Boot Arctic Men’s Winter Boot
Muck boots have been around for a while. If you don’t own any, it’s time you got yourself a pair. The Original MuckBoots Adult Arctic Sport Boot can withstand snow, slush, freezing rain or any other gloomy conditions making them the best muck boots for winter. The shaft of the boot measures approximately 14.5’.
This means that it goes up to the knees. So whether you like going deep in water or snow this is the boot for you. The boots come with a 5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch Nylon. It’s also 100% waterproof all the way to the top, lightweight and flexible, perfect for movement for long periods of time.
With a comfort range of -40oF to 60oF, you can use it for fishing, hunting or normal outdoor activities. Also, a 2mm thermal foam underlay has been added for additional warmth. The added toe protection and rubber sole protect your feet and gives you a steady traction even in the most slippery surfaces.
- Shaft measures 14.5’
- 5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch Nylon
- 100% waterproof
- Comfort range of -40oF to 60oF
- Added toe protection
- Perfect for getting into snow or water with
- Lightweight and flexible
- Can be used for cold weather outdoor activities
- Gives exceptional warmth and comfort
- Rubber sole gives you a steady traction in slippery surfaces
- The boots don’t have half sizes in the larger ranges
4. Baffin Men’s Snow Monster Boot
If you thought technology couldn’t be incorporated in the best ice fishing boots, you thought wrong. This Men’s Snow Monster Insulated All-Weather Boot is part of the few new age boots. They have the newest advancements in technical expedition making them the best cold weather boots. The boots are made from leather and fabric with a foam-based inner boot system.
It therefore creates a hybrid breed of boots. With them warmth is tripled compared to your normal boots. The sole and the midsole of the boots have been molded in such a way that its one continuous process. It therefore means that your feet will be protected and the boots are guaranteed to last a while.
To give you that warm snug out in the ice, these boots are knee high. They feature a bungee-chord speed lacing system with an adjustable circumference. This allows you to choose the snug you prefer. The sole is made up of several advanced thermo-set polymers combined together to give you the right balance, warmth, exceptional protection and grip at the same time being lightweight.
- Leather and fabric
- Sole and midsole have been molded in a continuous process
- Knee-high boots
- Soles are made from advanced thermo-set polymers
- Bungee-chord speed lacing system
- Made with a foam-based inner boot system for more warmth
- Gives you a comfortable snug according to your preference
- The sole provides protection, warmth and grip
- Lightweight and comfortable for any ice activities
- When ordering you may consider getting a size bigger than your normal size
5. Bogs Men’s Classic Winter Snow Boot
Sleek and modern black rubber boots for men with waterproof sealing along the sewing lines plus it comes with a 100% rubber sole that will not crack or break even in winter due to temperature changes thus you can wear these boots all year round whenever needed.
Therefore, these Bogs boots can be worn during rainy or snowy weather as they keep the water outside and do not allow the snow to pass in and get your socks and feet wet. Furthermore, they come with a durable shaft made from neoprene material as well as pull-on handles on the sides that makes these boots very easy and quick to wear.
Customers can choose from several different sizes therefore you can be sure that you will find just the right size for yourself, however, keep in mind that the shaft circumference in all the boots is the same at only 16 inches regardless of what shoe size you select.
Lastly, since these boots are from 100% rubber and neoprene material they are very easy to clean with little water and soap solution. But, remember that you cannot place them in the washing machine or wash them under the hot water because that can spoil the rubber soles at the bottom of the boot.
- Comes with 100% rubber soles
- 100% waterproof rain and snow boot
- Lined with Bogs Max-Wick to keep feet dry
- Countoured EVA footbed with DuraFresh bio-technology that activates to fight odors
- Sleek and modern winter boots for men
- Available in many different sizes
- Pull on handles on the side of the boot shaft
- Easy to clean with little water and soap
- Can be worn during rainy and snowy weather
- The manufacturer does not offer any customer support
- These boots are only available in 1 color
- Regardless of what shoe size you choose the shaft circumference is only 16 inches
6. SOREL Men’s Snow Boot for Winter
Another great brand of men’s winter boots made from 100% textile and synthetic material with rubber soles and laces at the front for that perfect fit. Moreover, the shaft is quite wide at approximately 10 inches if measured right from the arch of the boot.
Furthermore the heel is approximately 1 inch which is great because it will keep the cold further away from your feet in snowy weather. The shell of the boot is made from vulcanized rubber which is known around the world to be the most durable plus it will not crack or scuff even if you walk on sharp ice during the winter.
To ensure that the boot fits perfectly the manufacturer has included a d-ring lacing pattern as well as a felt cuff right at the bottom. Lots of customers have rated insulation level to be able to withstand up to -25 degrees Fahrenheit plus inside you will find a felt boot that can be removed and washed in the washing machine.
You can use the felt fabric boot as an extra layer of insulation during the colder months or rainy season. The upper section is also waterproof however some customers have reported that with time that part of the boot starts to let water pass through.
- Comes with 100% Synthetic/Textile
- Removable and machine washable inner felt boot
- Capable of withstanding cold up to – 25 degrees Fahrenheit
- Seam-sealed waterproof construction with waterproof-backed upper
- Classic sleek men’s boots that will go basically with any outfit
- 5 in shaft if measured from the arch of the boot
- Vulcanized rubber used for bottom sole
- Available in over 10 different colors
- The manufacturer does not offer any warranties or guarantees
- The packaging box does not contain a fabric storage case for the boots
7. Guide Gear Giant Timber II Hunting Boots
If you experience frozen feet every time you go ice fishing, you need the best ice fishing boots that will keep your feet warm all through your expedition. These Men’s Monolithic Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boots will do a great job. A lot of ice fishing boots claim to be waterproof but none match these boots. It’s a guarantee that these boots will keep your feet dry.
Its treated leather, rugged Nylon, reinforced rubber, thinsulate insulation and breathable membranes makes it the best cold weather boot. These boots offer superior comfort whether you’re ice fishing or having a fun day out in the wild. Your feet will feel like they’re cushioned in puffy clouds.
When your feet are comfortable you also feel comfortable. There are additional 34 gusseted removable padded tongue that keeps debris, insects and water out. The boots are made with very thick soles. It adds more protection and gives you more grip no matter where you are.
- 100% waterproof
- Thinsulate ultra insulated
- Superior comfort
- Removable padded tongue
- Thick sole
- Made from exceptional materials to keep water away from your feet
- Offer superior comfort throughout your expedition
- The removable padded tongue keeps debris, insects and water away
- Ultra thick soles offer protection for your feet
- Perfect boots for cold weather
- The boots are stiff and heavy
8. Baffin Men’s Control Max Boot
If you’ve ever gone for ice fishing, the one thing you’ve probably experienced is sliding. To avoid sliding and hurting yourself, you need these Men’s Control Max Insulated boots. They’re the best fishing boots. These boots are made from high quality insulated leather.
It’s very warm and at the same time waterproof. With a temperature rating of -70oC / -94oF, you’re guaranteed to remain warm in even in the most extreme conditions. It also comes with a removable multi-layer inner boot just for extra warmth. The sole is made from a rubber shell which is very stable and non-slip.
In addition to that, there’s an EVA midsole and a rubber outsole. This gives your feet added protection. With its waffle-comb footbed, your feet will feel so comfortable. To be able to give you your preferred snug out there in the cold, the boots have multi D-ring lace fastening. It’s made from insulated leather as well with a waterproof seam-sealed upper.
- Made from insulated leather
- Temperature rating of -70oC / -94oF
- Removable multi-layer inner boot system
- Rubber shell sole, EVA midsole and rubber outsole
- Multi D-ring lace fastening
- Very warm and waterproof
- Removable inner boot provides more warmth
- Rubber shell offers for a stable and non-slip
- Your feet will be protected from debris
- Comfortable snug with waterproof seams
- Very heavy to walk in for long periods of time
9. US Military Combat Boot
US military and tactical combat boots that are specially designed for extremely cold weather and rainy environment plus these boots are made from 100% rubber that a lot of customers have reported does not crack or break even when the boots are used for a prolonged period of time.
Moreover, the manufacturer has included waterproof laces at the front to ensure that individuals have a chance to control the width of the shaft. These boots have an overall scuffed appearance so keep that in mind as some individuals might perceive them as already been used boots due to this.
- Made with Rubber Sole
- Nylon-Coated Lace Eyelets
- Comfortable Use to -20 Deg F!
- Waterproof Rubber w/ Fused Gusset Tongue
- High quality military tactical boots
- Warranty from manufacturer
- Seamless shell and wide shaft
- Available in 1 color only
- Size chart has been reported to be inaccurate
- Scuffed and scratched look may not be liked by all individuals
10. Muck Boot Men’s Arctic Pro Hunting Boot
Whether you like hunting in extreme conditions or go ice fishing, you need a pair of Muck Arctic Pro Camo Boots. Not only are they unisex boots, they’re the best muck boots for cold weather. These boots are 100% waterproof constructed. With the breathable air mesh lining, sweat is easily wicked away leaving your feet dry and comfortable.
It also makes the boots easy to clean and maintain. To make these boots perfect for the outdoors, they’re made with the best materials. It has an 8mm CR flex-foam bootie with a four-way stretch Nylon. This makes it flexible and easy to walk in.
It’s also made with an aggressive bob tracker outsole that gives you stability. An EVA midsole offers comfort while the stretch-fit topline keeps warmth in and cold out. That’s not all. The boots come with a 2mm thermal foam underlay that is extremely comfortable. Rated for temperatures between -60 to 40oF, your feet are guaranteed to stay warm all through your expedition.
- Breathable air mesh lining
- 8mm CR flex-foam bootie with a four-way stretch Nylon
- Aggressive bob tracker outsole
- EVA midsole
- 2mm thermal foam underlay
- 100% waterproof
- Easy stretch Nylon makes it flexible and lightweight
- The outsole and midsole gives you stability even in slippery conditions
- The boots are extremely comfortable and warm
- Easy to clean and maintain
- They’re a bit snug around the instep
How to Buy Best Ice Fishing Boots Step by Step Guide
If you are heading for an ice fishing trip, having the right fishing gear will help you catch more fish. The two most important things that you should not forget is having the right boots and ice fish finder. If you want to choose the best ice fish finder, you can read my previous article. Boots are meant to last for years depending on your activities. For this reason, you need to consider a few things before you pick the best ice fishing boots
Is It Insulated?
If you have the best rubber boots for fishing, you may not want to use them when you go ice fishing. You need boots that will keep your feet warm. If your feet are warm, your whole body will be warm too. Since you have to stay for long in the cold, you’ll need perfectly insulated boots. That being said, ice fishing boots have different levels of insulation. The colder the weather, the more the insulation you’ll need. Boots that properly insulated will go a long way in ensuring that you’re comfortable and warm all through your fishing expedition.
How Stable is It?
It’s no secret that anything to do with ice can be very slippery. Having the wrong boots may end up being dangerous. You, therefore need ice fishing boots with the perfect traction. They’ll give you a stable walk and of course prevent you from slipping and falling. They can have spikes on the sole or very strong rubber.
Waterproof? Yes or No?
The whole essence of getting ice fishing boots is to be comfortable. You can’t be comfortable if your boots keep allowing water, sleet or snow in. Your feet will freeze. So before you buy ice fishing boots, you’ll need to inspect if the materials used to make them are waterproof. They should be able to withstand water and moisture. The more waterproof your boots are, the more comfortable you will be and the drier your feet will be.
Are They Durable?
Right out of the box, you can tell if ice fishing boots are long-lasting or not. They’re made with different materials each of them with different lifespans. Boots made with leather will last longer than those made with rubber. They’re also stronger than rubber fishing boots. So before you choose the best ice fishing boots check the brand and the material. The heavier the material the more it will be able to withstand the most extreme weather conditions.
Although your feet determine the size of the ice fishing boots you get, there are other factors like the type of socks you use. If you plan to use thicker socks, you may need to consider getting bigger sized boots. There are brands that provide really small boots. It would be advisable to get a bigger size. Vice versa is true for brands that provide larger boots. Your comfort is key. Choose the size you won’t have a problem using even in long durations.
Having the right footwear is very crucial when going for ice fishing. If you choose the best ice fishing boots, you can enjoy longer hours of fishing without your feet getting cold. I have presented you with durable boots in the above ice fishing boot review and if you’re careful enough, you can use them for years!
The fact that they’re all waterproof makes them even more convenient. You can use them while ice fishing, snowmobiling, sledding and walking on water or snow, the list is endless, For those who need lightweight boots, I would advise you to go for The Original MuckBoots Adult Arctic Sport Boot.
These boots are made from durable rubber and fabric and keep you warm and comfortable. For those who would love leather boots that provide a nice grip on ice, I would recommend the Guide Gear Men’s Monolithic Waterproof All-Weather Boot. The boots provide you warmth, lightweight, better grip and protection.