The best telescopic fishing rod should serve the purpose of always being there for you whenever the fishing occasion approaches. You can collapse it to a manageable size and haul it in your backpack when going hiking. You can keep it in the car and hit the ponds on the way home from work, or you can even take it on a plane with you, whenever you fly to an exciting destination where you could also fish peacefully. It sounds almost too good to be true, isn’t it?
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Telescopic Fishing Rods in 2020
- Top 10 Best Telescopic Fishing Rod Reviews in 2020
- 1. PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos Kit
- 2. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 3. Sougayilang Graphite Carbon Fiber Telescopic Rod
- 4. PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 5. Eagle Claw Telescopic Spinning Rod
- 6. TROUTBOY Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
- 7. FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit
- 8. Magreel Telescopic Fishing Pole
- 9. ZACX Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
- 10. Burning Shark Fishing Rods
- The Best Telescopic Fishing Rod Buying Guide to Help You Decide
- Tight Lines, and May You Choose the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod!
- Relevant Resources
Comparison of 10 Best Telescopic Fishing Rods in 2020
|PLUSINNO Fishing Rod||Check Price|
|KastKing Blackhawk II Fishing Rods||Check Price|
|Sougayilang Graphite Fishing Rod||Check Price|
|PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod||Check Price|
|Eagle Claw Telescopic Spinning Rod||Check Price|
|TROUTBOY Fishing Rod||Check Price|
|FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit||Check Price|
|Magreel Telescopic Fishing Pole||Check Price|
|ZACX Telescopic Fishing Rod||Check Price|
|Burning Shark Fishing Rods||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Telescopic Fishing Rod Reviews in 2020
So, nothing is too good to be true. Nope, you deserve this. You deserve a reliable portable telescopic fishing rod to be there in your backpack for you. This is why we’ve analyzed the top rated telescopic fishing rod reviews out there right now, and picked the best beginners telescopic fishing rod, the best ultralight telescopic fishing rod and the right telescopic fishing rod for the money and…so many more. Let’s check them out together!
1. PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos Kit
If we were to judge by the best telescopic fishing rod reviews out there, then this Plusinno fishing rod could very well be on the top of the list. In this current presentation form, it comes together with a reel, in a combo kit, but without lures or line.
Portability can be the name of the game for this Plusinno Combo. The telescopic rod is highly packable, but still, it might look a little bit longer than all the others from the competition. Some Plusinno combos come with a carry case, and that would be more useful.
The rod is reinforced carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass composite, with ceramic guides. The reel seat is made of aluminum, which makes it corrosion-resistant. It features a pretty high sensitivity and you’ll love it if that’s your thing. It looks like a little over 6’6’’ fully extended and it’s quite laughable considering the tiny size it’s got when packed.
The 3000 reel model is highly praised for its accurate drag and smooth overall function, but from the way it looks, it is quite big for the rod it comes with. Maye you could use your own spinning reel and keep this 3000 model as a backup; it’s up to you. All in all, the package looks nice and well-rounded for a good fishing experience. Here’s our final sum-up:
- The set is very packable, which means it can easily fit in your backpack
- Lightweight gear
- The reel is smooth, auto bail closing is not too stiff and the spool is loaded evenly; it blanaces well with the telescopic rod as well.
- No hook keeper
2. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rod
This KastKing Blackhawk II comes in two different models: one for spinning and one for casting. The casting models balance better with baitcasting reels, while the standard spinning type rod is better for bass freshwater species.
These rods are available in eight different lengths and that’s impressive. You can choose from a 6.5 feet rod to an 8-feet one with multiple flexibility levels. This makes it a good candidate for the best beginners telescopic fishing rod on the market right now.
The rod is made of graphite, comes equipped with floating line guides and the handle is made of EVA foam. It looks quite comfortable. This telescopic rod is made from six little pieces, but its attributes could very well measure to a single-piece rod.
It excels at line performance, power transition and sensitivity. I would recommend this model for surf and shore fishing, because it can cast large weights with no problem. All in all, this KastKing best telescopic fishing rod is quite solid and heavy duty. Just, mind the braided line which might damage the guides, but let’s see a full summary of the product below.
- Available in numerous lengths and types, including baitcasting and spinning options
- Impressive sensitivity for a telescopic fishing rod
- The reel seat is reinforced and the handle is ergonomic and covered in EVA foam
- It comes with one year warranty
- Braided line might damage the stainless steel guides
3. Sougayilang Graphite Carbon Fiber Telescopic Rod
Sougayilang is a good brand in the fishing world and you know that they offer quite a good price for equally-good performance. This Sougayilang telescopic rod makes no difference. Although it might very well be a worthy candidate for the best ultralight telescopic fishing rod title out there right now, it can also handle a some pretty good weight without a problem.
It is made from high density carbon fiber. The real seat is made of CNC Machined Aluminum which makes it resistant to corrosion. This might translate into great durability in time. The guides are stainless steel, welded in three points and have got ceramic inserts for great resistance. You could even run a braided line without damaging them. So, this telescopic rod looks like a deal for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. Let’s wrap it up:
- Easy to extend and fits nicely in a backpack
- Pretty sturdy build for an extendable, telescopic rod
- It cats well and feels good when reeling in the fish
- Can be used both in saltwater and freshwater
- You have to line the eyes up every time you extend it and it might bother you in time
4. PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod
We have reviewed the combo; now it is time to review the rod alone, well, one of the Plusinno telescopic fishing rods that are on the market right now, ‘cause there are a few and it is no shame into naming one of them the best telescopic fishing rod. Or is it? Let’s find out!
The reel seats on this rod are made of stainless steel and the manufacturer says they’re anti-corrosive and perfect for saltwater fishing. They probably have a protective coating of some sort.
The rod also features a carbon fiber and fiberglass design for strength and durability and the grip has got EVA foam on it. The brand is preferred by many fishermen and I cannot blame them. This looks like a well-rounded, balanced product. The final verdict…
- Very comfortable to use
- Strong and durable build
- Very compact and with a good-looking design
- You might have to use a heavier reel to balance the fully-extended rod
5. Eagle Claw Telescopic Spinning Rod
Budget is not a trifling matter to consider when shopping for a telescopic spinning reel. After all, it’s going to be a back-up reel that you can carry with you in your backpack or while you go on a weekend get-away by plane and know there’s something nice awaiting your fishing experience.
It’s not meant for primary use, so it is fair to consider you might be looking for a balance between price and quality. This is where this Eagle Claw Pack-It comes into play; we could very well “crown” it the best telescopic fishing rod for the money or we could honestly review it and then wrap it up with our “what we liked and didn’t like” thing. Let’s do it!
The rod will offer a pretty comfortable fishing experience; the handle is coated with EVA foam and the design is quite convenient and easy to operate the five telescopic sections. There is ceramic on the guides, the overall constructions is durable glass and you’ve also got a 1-year warranty, which is a nice touch.
- Easy to adjust and set up
- 1 year warranty
- It might struggle with large fish as it is not as durable as the ones reviewed above
6. TROUTBOY Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
This one might very well be the best rated telescopic fishing rod on the market at the moment. It is made of high density carbon fiber and E-glass. The reel seat is machined, and the EVA Fore handle offers good grip and makes for a comfortable use.
The reel seats are hooded in stainless steel for better anti-corrosion resistance, and it comes in six different sizes, to our liking. Since this is a combo, let’s also talk about the reel. It’s a spinning reel with a double anodized aluminum spool, a 13+1 double shielded stainless steel ball bearings which needs to offer a good level of smoothness.
The gear ration is 5.5:1. The rod is impressively strong for its size and construction, I might say. You can easily pull a trout out on summer days. And on the plus, the manufacturer offers a 24-hour customer service support and I think that’s a nice touch. So, let’s sum it up!
- Good performance
- Good build quality, and it feels durable
- The rod and the reel balance brilliantly together
- It seems that the rod does not have great sensitivity, but it’s enough to feel the bottom and tell the difference between weeds and bites
7. FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit
As far as telescopic fishing poles go, you can always rely on them as your “full-time” fishing gear if you are a beginner in the trade and value your budget more than anything. One good set to start with is this Fishoaky kit.
The rod is made of high-quality carbon fiber, boasts an overall lightweight design and is small enough to be “hidden” in almost any backpack and be taken on hikes or so. Extending and collapsing it should be an easy job and the handle looks ergonomic enough to me.
If you only want the rod, then you can choose to ditch the kit and only buy the telescopic fishing rod itself. The rod itself looks very lightweight, even kids can cast with it at ease and they can use it at half of the allotted length.
Now, about the kit as a whole: it features 5 fluorescent rubber baits in the shape of an octopus, 2 ABS artificial baits with 2 fishing hooks, 1 box for the fishing lures and 1 fishing line. Apart from these, you get a fishing reel and a carrier bag, which is a nice touch.
And all of this have a pretty competitive price. I would call it a novice set; if you are a professional or already fishing for a year or a couple of years, you will easily find them is fortunes of this set. But we should keep in mind it is mostly made to be competitive.
- Good novice telescopic fishing pole set
- Full kit, you don’t need to buy anything else for the beginning
- Durable and impressively lightweight rod
- Apart from the fact that it is no expert kit.
8. Magreel Telescopic Fishing Pole
If a high quality telescopic fishing rod is what you’re looking for, then this Magreel telescopic fishing pole might be the right one for you. It’s got a 24T Carbon Fiber texture for better-looking aesthetic feeling, while the reel seat is stainless steel hooded, and they say it’s resistant to corrosion.
This means that you can also fish in saltwater if you want to. The line guide is constructed with a ceramic ring for better heat dissipation. The EVA handle looks as soft and comfortable as you’d expect. The rod looks quite lightweight and easy to extend and collapse.
It is available in six size sand you get a 1-year warranty and lifetime customer service on all the Magreel products. From the look of it, this Magreel rod is quite solid and has a nice feeling about it. The reel seat really looks like quality and overall it feels better than most telescopic fishing rods on the market right now. To sum it up:
- Durable and very easy to use
- Strength and good reel seat quality
- Impressive build quality
- Good overall performance and nice-looking design
- It might be a little too sturdy for trout, and a little too stiff in general, making it difficult to cast small tackle
9. ZACX Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
This portable best telescopic fishing rod from ZACX comes with a reel, both soft and hard lures, fishing hooks, line and a carrier case. The rod is made of high density carbon fiber for more durability and light control.
The handle is EVA and the guide rings are ceramic. If you’re a frequent traveler, this is the right choice for you. It comes with a nice case you can haul in your backpack and get going.
The ZACX rods are perfect for casual fishing and the package they come with has basically all the essentials you need to start fishing right away. There’s no fishing tackle in the combo, but you can purchase what if you feel like you need it.
- Easy to carry anywhere and easy to use
- It comes with a nice compact case and a lure box
- It is a great set for beginners
- You might encounter some manufacturing issues that you need to sort out with their customer support
10. Burning Shark Fishing Rods
I have no idea why these telescoping fishing rods are named after a burning shark, but who cares. It’s important that these rods are made from 24-ton carbon fiber and glass fiber. They are a good combination of sensitivity and lightweight design.
The rod in question comes with a 5.91 feet telescopic extension handle, a CNC machined aluminum reel seat, an EVA handle for good grip and a human mechanics design. So, what’s not to like:
- It telescopes down to a very little size that would fit in your saddle bag even
- Strong build and durability
- It comes with a soft carrying case to place the rod in
- It seems quite stiff
The Best Telescopic Fishing Rod Buying Guide to Help You Decide
So, if you’re here, you already kinda’ know what kind of telescopic rod you’d buy to keep in a car and always have it handy whenever you’re hitting the ponds on your way home. But still, let’s get through the most important components of a telescopic fishing rod and what you should look at before making the purchase.
The Rod Materials
The best telescopic fishing rod will probably need to be made of carbon fiber, graphite or fiberglass, or a combination of these three. I would go for a combination of materials, since each one has got its own shortcomings and strong points.
The Rod Length
There are anglers who prefer a short rod because they like close combat situations in which you have to fight a big fish, and the shorter the rod, the less bend it’s got. However, if you’re a fan of casting, then long rods are for you. They allow for much deeper fishing. If you’re not certain, maybe look for a high quality telescopic fishing rod that is around 7-foot.
The Reel Seat and Reel Types
This is where the reel attaches to your rod. It would be nice to have anti-corrosion attributes as well as the guides. However, when choosing a rod, you should also have in mind the kind of reel you’re going to use. There are three general categories:
- Spin cast reels: it is rather simple to use, like pressing a button to propel the bait and line out
- Spinning reels: a lot of fishermen love this, and they don’t even have to be beginners; they handle small fish and light bait brilliantly
- Baitcasting reels: these are the most difficult and often preferred by professionals for catching bigger fish.
The bigger the handle, the longer the distance you will cast. Moreover, makes sure it with EVA foam for better grip and control.
Tight Lines, and May You Choose the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod!
I hope our reviews have been helpful and right now, you’re placing that little case in the trunk of your car, which features a fishing reel, some rules, a nice line and the best telescopic fishing rod for you.