Finding a Lowrance fishfinder suited for you can be very tough, especially with the number of models offered by the company. The brand’s wide range of offerings, from small angler units to large, pro-use models, can be very overwhelming for a novice fish finder buyer. That’s where the best Lowrance fish finder reviews can help you.
Lowrance fish finders may appear to have the same features, which all the more makes it difficult for you to choose just one model. This article will help you find the best Lowrance fishfinder. In this case, we took into account the following considerations:
- Functions / technology
- Ease of use/installation
- Display/screen size
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Lowrance Fish Finders in 2021
- Top 10 Best Lowrance Fish Finder Reviews in 2021
- 1. Lowrance HOOK2 4X Fish Finder
- 2. Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar Fishfinder
- 3. Lowrance Elite-7 Ti2 Touch Fish Finder
- 4. Lowrance HOOK Reveal 7 Fish Finder
- 5. Lowrance Elite-5X Chirp with Transducer
- 6. Lowrance Elite-7X Chirp Fishfinder
- 7. Lowrance HDS-7 Touch Fish Finder
- 8. Lowrance HDS-9 Touch Fish Finder
- 9. Lowrance HDS-12 Gen3 Without Transducer
- 10. Lowrance HDS-16 Live C-MAP Insight
- Advantages of Lowrance Fish Finders
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Relevant Resources
Comparison of 10 Best Lowrance Fish Finders in 2021
|Lowrance HOOK2 4X Fishfinder||Check Price|
|Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar||Check Price|
|Lowrance Elite-7 Ti2 Fish Finder||Check Price|
|Lowrance HOOK Reveal 7 SplitShot||Check Price|
|Lowrance Elite-5X Chirp with Transducer||Check Price|
|Lowrance Elite-7X Chirp Fishfinder||Check Price|
|Lowrance HDS-7 Fishfinder||Check Price|
|Lowrance HDS-9 Charplotter||Check Price|
|Lowrance HDS-12 Fishfinder||Check Price|
|Lowrance HDS-16 Fishfinder||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Lowrance Fish Finder Reviews in 2021
1. Lowrance HOOK2 4X Fish Finder
Lowrance hook2 4 inch fishfinder with bullet transducer and skimmer technology is a grade variant for all types of fishing including trolling as it comes with auto-tuning sonar system as well as easy press phone buttons.
Customers have reported loving this model of fish finder because it gives a very accurate reading on the screen and shows just exactly where the fish is located.
Moreover, the transducer of this fish finder can be mounted in a number of ways including on the transom and right inside the hull. Furthermore, the manufacturer offers good customer support and a 2-year warranty period.
- Known brand
- Skimmer transducer technology
- Can be mounted in a number of ways including inside the hull
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Available in 1 screen size only
2. Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar Fishfinder
This is an affordable, easy to use fish finder with a LED-backlit color display. The screen may be small but it has a decent 320 x 240-pixel resolution. This unit features an Advanced Signal Process which practically eliminates the need to adjust its settings manually.
Its Fish I.D. lets users adjust the way the display shows fish targets. While the resolution of this fish finder isn’t the best in the market, users say it is still able to display fish and structures in great detail.
Moreover, the menu navigation won’t make users scratch their heads. It is very easy to use with its menu, arrow, and enter buttons. We liked its mounting bracket as it allows users to quickly change viewing angles, or remove the unit for storage.
According to reviewers on Amazon.com, this unit is quite an energy efficient as well. Some estimate that it can run for 20 hours before requiring re-charging of its battery. Another drawback, aside from its low-resolution display, is the screen size itself. Many reviewers found it too small.
- Very easy to use
- Mounting bracket
- Screen is small
3. Lowrance Elite-7 Ti2 Touch Fish Finder
This is a surprisingly affordable, GPS-capable fish finder with high definition down imaging sonar. With its generous amount of features and an affordable price, this could be the best Lowrance fishfinder.
With its CHIRP sonar technology, this fish finder is able to provide superior target separation. In simpler terms, this Lowrance portable fish finder can show fishes individually even if they are near each other.
Moreover, this best Lowrance fishfinder GPS unit would enable you to see small fishes in a bait cloud. And you can even see the lure and the line. That’s how powerful this fish finder is. With its Advanced Signal Processing, the Elite 7 is able to filter out the clutter and unwanted signals. This results in many clear images.
Its DownScan imaging feature, on the other hand, enables it to provide super clear images of the bottom. You would be able to see specific structures, and how far apart the fishes are from your lure. The major beef that Amazon.com reviewers have with this model is the speed by which it acquires and displays fish targets. They say that it isn’t built for tournament fishermen but for the weekend angler.
- Advanced features
- Superior display
- Easy to use
- It’s slow
4. Lowrance HOOK Reveal 7 Fish Finder
Unlike its predecessors, the HOOK Reveal 7 SplitShot comes with a basic GPS. It is also equipped with the FishReveal feature that permits you to pick the fish arch data from the CHIRP sonar to the DownScan view. There are more features that this unlocks.
Additionally, another feature that makes this Lowrance unit special is the Sonar Autotuning feature. This makes sure you’re afforded much clearer views of fish than older Lowrance units could. The noise reduction feature also helps to get you cleaner images.
This GPS fishfinder combo from Lowrance also has chart plotting features. It comes with a vast collection of high-detail inland maps and seemingly endless waypoint saving capacity. Lastly, the large 7-inch display lets you enjoy all these features easily.
- Comes with a SplitShot transducer
- Equipped with a multitude of Sonar features
- To view clearly at all hours, the backlight is adjustable
- Quite easy to install
- Comes with almost 4,000 U.S. inland maps
- Should include a more detailed user’s manual
5. Lowrance Elite-5X Chirp with Transducer
This fish finder from Lowrance has a clever design. It at the same time offers a larger display than handheld portable units and yet manages to be more compact than the bigger fish finders. The square LCD display is 5 inches, which is plenty big for most people.
This Elite 5x unit is only a fishfinder and that means it does not include a GPS feature or any maps. Therefore it also does not give you an indication of the speed at which you’re going.
However, for a beginner who wants to get himself used to the ins and outs of a basic fish finder, or a professional angler who doesn’t want the bells and whistles of more expensive units, this is a good starter.
- Easy to use a basic fishfinder
- 5-inch color LCD display
- Comes with a transom mount transducer
- Can’t be mounted on a side bracket
6. Lowrance Elite-7X Chirp Fishfinder
Its advanced CHIRP software works well in providing clear images of fishes, bottom surfaces, and plant structures. Those images are displayed on a 7 inch, 480x 800-pixel screen. It also offers superior target separation and power. You can scan waters for fish targets up to depths of 1,000 feet.
According to reviewers on Amazon.com, the fish finder has easy to use menus. They also like its mounting design that lets them easily remove, re-install or adjust the tilt/swivel view. Others like the screen because they can see the images and readings even when in direct sunlight.
It is also waterproof, so it can resist splashes and even immersion in water albeit for a short period only. This could have been a lot better if there was GPS or mapping functionality. But obviously, those features were not included to keep the costs down. It can be said that this is the best Lowrance kayak fish finder that’s pocket friendly.
- Advanced CHIRP software
- Easy to use menus
- No GPS
7. Lowrance HDS-7 Touch Fish Finder
This is another features-packed fish finder that isn’t the most budget-friendly item in our list. Yet once you’ve used this best Lowrance fish finder, you will realize that it is worth every penny you’ve shelled out for it.
The HDS-7 displays data on a 7-inch display. The screen carries a 640 x 480 pixels resolution. We liked that the display screen is easy to read, even when under the sun. According to reviewers on Amazon.com, there’s no reduction in readability even when viewed at steep side angles.
Reviewers on Amazon.com also say that this unit is fairly easy to use. They point out that the use of front-panel push buttons and arrow keypad makes the unit very easy to manipulate or control. Users also like that it has built-in Wi-Fi.
Additionally, reviewers say that with this feature, they can connect this unit to their iPad, so they can control it or run a boating app. For the budget-conscious buyer, the HDS 7 may not be the best choice. But those who are willing to spend for it will get their money’s worth.
- Easy to use
- Bright graphics
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Steep price
8. Lowrance HDS-9 Touch Fish Finder
There are three screen size choices for this unit—7 inches, 9 inches, and 12 inches. We liked the 12-inch screen best because you can make the most of the many functionalities offered by the HDS 9.
The SolarMax Plus technology, on the other hand, ensures that images remain sharp even during sunny days. This Lowrance fish finder is able to provide clear images for depths of up to 300 feet. It has a radius scan of 328 meters.
According to reviewers on Amazon.com, this Lowrance fish finder is very easy to use even for beginners. They are raving about the full touch screen which they say is very intuitive. The touch screen is also customizable.
Others appreciate the quick-release mounting mechanism of this unit. They say it offers a full range of positions, so viewing is a lot more comfortable. The only real drawback of this unit is its steep price. But then again, you get what you pay for, right?
- High definition touch screen
- It can provide crystal clear images even under the sun
- It is easy to use
- It is very expensive
9. Lowrance HDS-12 Gen3 Without Transducer
Aside from the brightly colored, 12-inch widescreen display, this unit is equipped with broadband radar, GPS navigational charts, a couple of full-sized SD card slots, an Ethernet port, and video camera support.
The HDS 12 is capable of detecting every fish, reef, and structure below your boat thanks to its broadband sounder, side and down scan imaging. It is also easy to switch between the sonars with its powerful, split-screen feature.
Arguably the biggest selling point of this fish finder is its touchscreen display. Hence, you should have no problems operating this fish finder as it will remind you of your smartphone.
Many reviewers on Amazon.com are raving at how easy it is to use this tool. They also say that the touch screen display of the HDS 12 makes it the best fish finder from Lowrance to date.
- 12 inch, touch screen display
- GPS capability
- Broadband radar
- Very expensive
10. Lowrance HDS-16 Live C-MAP Insight
Keeping up with the modern era, this fish finder can be linked with your smartphone for a plethora of network and connectivity options, including wireless and Bluetooth. It also sends notifications to your smartphone, should you need it.
This Lowrance package includes everything you need to set the fish finder on your boat, including the amount, a 25-inch long transducer cable, and a sunscreen cover which I appreciate a lot. Lastly, the display is a touchscreen, so you can pinch and expand on anything you want to see more clearly.
- Full-featured unit
- Workable in saltwater and freshwater
- Comes with a sunscreen cover
- Includes 3-in-1 transducer
- All underwater features are seen clear and vivid
- Solid, durable construction
- Very expensive unit
Advantages of Lowrance Fish Finders
- Numerous choices – When it comes to marine electronics, Lowrance has a wide range of offerings. Whether you’re looking for a professional fish finders or one for a casual user, you would be able to find one with the Lowrance logo on it.
- Affordable fish finders – As you would read in all the best Lowrance fish finder reviews, the brand is known for offering quality fish finders at reasonable prices. In fact, you can get a decent Lowrance fish finder for less than $200. Compared to other brands that have entry-level models at around $500, Lowrance is really a good option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Good customer support – Whether you are interested in how to read Lowrance fishfinder or how to use Lowrance fishfinder, you’ll get your answers from the company’s customer support team. Lowrance also offers online support. Therefore, you can quickly get answers to typical customer queries.
- Ease of use – Lowrance fish finders is extremely easy to use, that even novice anglers will be able to operate them in no time. Its products are also packed with features.
- Long warranty – Depending on the model, Lowrance offers a one or two-year limited warranty. Additionally, it offers an extra three years warranty with its 5 Year Advantage program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Does My Lowrance Say Stopped?
A: Sometimes if your display unit is unable to connect to the transducer, it will say “stopped”. Check the connection. If the transducer is bad, even connecting it would not work. As a last resort, you may try reloading the software to see if it works.
Q: Are Lowrance Fish Finders Waterproof?
A: To know if a particular fish finder from Lowrance is waterproof or not, download the manual for that product from their website and take a look. Most of their fish finders are, in fact, sealed and waterproof.
Q: Who Makes Lowrance Fishfinders?
A: A private, international corporation named Navico, Inc. owns the brand Lowrance (and also Simrad Yachting and B&G). They’re the parent company and take care of making the fishfinders.
Q: How Long Is Lowrance Warranty?
A: The Lowrance company usually offers 1 or 2 years of global warranty on their fish finders.
Q: What Is the Newest Lowrance Fish Finder?
A: Lowrance recently introduced a new line of fishfinder/Chartplotters named HDS LIVE.
Picking the best Lowrance fish finder is difficult, but we have to go with the Lowrance Elite 5. It is arguably the best because it isn’t that expensive yet it is packed with features. This tool can provide clear images even when under sunlight. On the other hand, it is also very easy to operate and install. It may be a bit slow at times, but that’s the only real drawback you will have to deal with when you use this fish finder.