Marine stereos are much more durable than simple conventional stereos and are often made from rust-resistant material because their use often involves sea salt water. Nowadays, the best marine stereos on the market can be bought at a very affordable price.
When you go shopping for a set of marine stereo, pay special attention to the type of material the outer body of the marine stereo is made from because marine stereos often come in contact with salt water. Hence, all circuit boards, connections and buttons should be coated in a rust-resistant coating.
Moreover, look for marine stereos that are waterproof because it is very likely that water will be splashed on the marine stereo. Some marine stereos can even be fully submerged in the water; however, their submersible levels will vary with different manufacturers. Thirdly, look for marine stereos that can withstand the sunlight without losing color or malfunctioning. Look for UV resistant face plates, speakers and control bottoms.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Marine Stereos in 2021
- Top 13 Best Marine Stereo Reviews in 2021
- 1. Garmin Marine Stereo System
- 2. Pyle Marine Bluetooth Stereo Radio
- 3. Boss Audio 508UAB Multimedia Car Stereo
- 4. XO Vision FM and MP3 Car Stereo Receiver
- 5. BOSS Audio MGR350B Marine Gauge Receiver
- 6. kenwood KMRD765BT Marine CD Receiver
- 7. Prospec Electronics JBL-PRV175 Stereo
- 8. Fusion Entertainment MS-RA70 Marine Stereo
- 9. BOSS MRH7 Marine Waterproof Radio Cover
- 10. JVC KD-X33MBS Single DIN Marine Stereo
- 11. Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT Bluetooth Marine Stereo
- 12. Pyle Wireless Bluetooth Marine Audio Stereo
- 13. Sony DSX-M55BT Bluetooth Marine Stereo
- Most Important Factors to Look for in Marine Stereos
- Relevant Resources
Comparison of 10 Best Marine Stereos in 2021
|Garmin Marine Stereo||Check Price|
|Pyle Marine Stereo Radio||Check Price|
|Boss Audio 508UAB Stereo||Check Price|
|XO Vision FM and MP3 Car Stereo||Check Price|
|BOSS MGR350B Marine Stereo||Check Price|
|kenwood Marine CD Receiver||Check Price|
|Prospec Electronics Stereo||Check Price|
|Fusion Entertainment Marine Stereo||Check Price|
|BOSS MRH7 Marine Radio Cover||Check Price|
|JVC KD-X33MBS Marine Stereo||Check Price|
Top 13 Best Marine Stereo Reviews in 2021
1. Garmin Marine Stereo System
A very compact yet durable Garmin Sirius marine stereo set that comes with AM and FM radio frequency as well as a music streaming app that you can use to upload your favorite playlist into so as to stream later.
Moreover marine stereo comes with a multi zone technology which means that it has two independent zones that can be used in place simultaneously without interfering with one another.
Furthermore customers who have purchased this marine stereo said have reported that the manufacturer offers 2-year warranty as well as good customer support that are very helpful.
Overall this marine stereo is very straightforward and instructions that are included in the packaging box should be sufficient for you to set it up on your own without any problem. The amplifier is not included in the packaging box however you can purchase it straight from the manufacturer at an additional price if needed.
Some customers who have already purchased this set have reported that the amplifier is not required on small to medium boats as the sound is very clear even on its own. But, if you intend on using this Garmin Marine Stereo Set on large boats then you will need to use something that will multiply the sound without actually distorting it.
- Affordable and durable
- Warranty from the manufacturer
- Two audio playing zones
- Available in black and white color
- USB cable is not included in the packaging box
- Assembled in Vietnam
2. Pyle Marine Bluetooth Stereo Radio
Moreover, you can connect Bluetooth and play music from your phone or laptop plus the build in control program will allow you to answer calls, and redial a number if needed.
The panel is made from an LCD panel display that is made from shatterproof material while the body of this marine stereo is made from waterproof material that is covered in an anti-rust layer.
- 300 Watt power
- Shutter proof LCD panel display
- Waterproof and anti-rust resistant
- The instructions are not very clear
- Bluetooth sometimes malfunctions
3. Boss Audio 508UAB Multimedia Car Stereo
You could also use the Bluetooth to connect the playlists that you have on your phone or tablet moreover; it has a slot for an SD card as well as standard CD. Plus, it can be easily tuned to either AM or FM frequencies whenever needed.
However, the body is made from a simple metal that could rust or corrode if it came in contact with seawater hence it is highly recommended to install this marine stereo in a safe place and ensure that no water ever gets on it, If it does, try to immediately wipe the moisture away and inspect the marine stereo for any signs of rusting or corrosion after some time.
- Has a clear LCD screen with backlighting in the dark
- Works with Bluetooth and infrared
- Can be connected to smartphones and tablets
- Bluetooth feature can be used to make hands free calls
- Not water resistant
- Comes without any warranty
- Available in one color only
4. XO Vision FM and MP3 Car Stereo Receiver
XO Vision might not be as popular as some of the electronic brands mentioned on top however, it has proven to be worth of your investment judging by the favorable customer reviews it has gained ever since it was released.
Moreover, it is the best marine stereo for SD cards plus it can be also be connected via Bluetooth or USB port to smartphones and tablets so as to sync your playlists.
Furthermore, this digital marine tuner can be adjusted to work on AM as well as FM frequencies and comes with aux-in front dashboard hence this means you can use an MP3 player to listen to your favorite track when you are at sea too.
- It works with SD cards
- It can be controlled via hands free
- Works with AM as well as FM frequencies
- Can be synced with your favorite playlists
- Affordable and durable
- It has been reported to sometimes have issues with MP3 playback
- Relatively unknown brand so far to the general public
- No warranty
- Available only in one color
5. BOSS Audio MGR350B Marine Gauge Receiver
Boss Audio MGR 350B Marine Stereo Receiver has great design incorporating modern and sleek elements plus it has a USB port, Bluetooth connection and an iPod/iPhone connecting ports. This will allow you to connect your smartphone so as to sync your playlists and you could even answer or make calls hands free.
Moreover, the body is made from durable metal material that has been titanium coated to withstand the effects that the saltwater can have including rust and corrosion. Plus, you can use Boss Audio MGR350B to charge your phone whenever needed and not worry about the wires getting wet because they are water-resistant.
The sound was reported to be very clear by the uses, this is probably because of 3 built in sound equalizers that will provide great sound even if there are waves outside your boat or yacht. Furthermore, the manufacturer offers a 60 day warranty and a wide range of marine stereo colors that you can choose from. Lastly, don’t forget that the Boss Audio MGR 350B has a crystal LCD display that is known to clear, easy to see plus it has backlighting that will become a lifesaver in the dark.
- Has a USB port and Bluetooth
- It can be controlled via the wireless system
- Crystal LCD screen with backlighting
- Great sound thanks to the 3 built-in sound equalizers
- Waterproof body and cabling
- The bluetooth adapter is sold separately
- Some units have been reported to arrive damaged
- Poor online customer support
6. kenwood KMRD765BT Marine CD Receiver
Kenwood has been known for ages to produce high quality electronic equipment that is durable, performance orientated and affordable. The Kenwood Marine Stereo comes with an LCD display and features a 13 band equalizer that gives you the option of using it for band selection if needed.
The standard USB port will ensure that you can easily connect Android, iPhone and Windows devices whenever needed. Moreover, Kenwood Marine Stereo features Bluetooth thereby widening your use of this marine stereo. The Kenwood KMR-D765BT stereo has so many upgraded features that just make it a very good bargain on the current market.
Furthermore, Kenwood marine stereo has Near Field Control that allows controlling the device through the use of Infrared plus some other features include the Android Open Accessory, Front and Rear USB control as well as Aux Inputs. These are some of the new integrated features that make this a fun and enjoyable stereo to have on your boat or yacht.
- It has a Theft Deterrent Faceplate
- It offers the Kenwood sound reconstruction
- The device is multi-language
- It has a conformal coating
- You are entitled to wireless music browsing
- The LCD display is preset to one color
7. Prospec Electronics JBL-PRV175 Stereo
Prospec Electronics Marine Stereo is considered to be one of the best marine stereos on the market mainly because it has a functional cylindrical design that will complement any marine boat or yacht interior.
The large display, which happens to be an LCD allows the user to have a clear view regardless of what type of light there is. Moreover, the marine stereos buttons are illuminated making nighttime experience easy too as well as comfortable.
The maximum power output of this marine stereo is 180W and its fully compatible with iPhone and Android systems. The display shows all the needed information such as the title of the song, the name and what album the track is from.
The Kenwood marine stereo system has a lot of features and it will definitely become very useful for you during your sea travels. The USB port can be used to connect external devices such as phones, ipods plus the port can be used to charge electronic devices.
- Comes with a built-in Bluetooth
- It has a large LCD display for a clear view
- Encloses a two-way iPod Control
- Enhanced MP3 quality
- It lacks a protection cap
- Customers have reported that the Bluetooth feature might malfunction with time
8. Fusion Entertainment MS-RA70 Marine Stereo
Fusion Marine Entertainment Stereo is widely known for its great sound, high performance and above all affordable price. Moreover, Fusion Marine Stereo comes with several useful features such as Bluetooth and USB port.
Plus, it supports both the AM and FM frequencies in addition to iPods, iPhones and other Android ports. Fusion Marine Stereo System offers customers the ability to stream their favorite tracks from any smartphone via the Bluetooth system apps.
Also, the stereo system has been engineered to withstand the marine condition and is thus resistant to rust and corrosion that occur from saltwater plus the crystal LCD screen offers great visuals. This best marine stereo system comes with a 200w amplifier and a two zone for the sub out and pre-out functions plus as well as aux-in feature.
Moreover, this stereo system has some very clever designing as you are allowed to either mount your stereo on a conventional dash or integrate it into a glass helm. Fusion stereo is also a great option for old fashioned traditional stereo holes that are available onolder marine vehicles.
- Has simple interface
- It is easy to use
- Also it comes with a Bluetooth feature
- It requires a small footprint
- Has a USB port that can be used for charging phones
- It lacks an accessory wire
9. BOSS MRH7 Marine Waterproof Radio Cover
Boss MRH7 marine stereo is manufactured from a durable polycarbonate material with a tinted LCD front screen for better visibility. Overall, this marine stereo offers a very wide selection of features that include the usual Bluetooth, Infrared, USB port and a smartphone hands free option.
Moreover, the design is really sleek yet very compact and will fit even the old marine stereo holes on older models of yachts and boats. Plus, the body is 100% waterproof and will not rust or corrode in the salt water unlike other cheaper models of best marine stereos.
Furthermore, the manufacturer went a step further and has designed a UV resistant body that will not get damaged or discolored under direct sunlight rays. Mounting this BOSS MRH7 will not be difficult as the manufacturer has included a detailed and very clear instruction booklet. The marine speakers have been reported to be very sturdy, easy to clean and give out very clear sound while the bass level can be adjusted as per desired.
- One year manufacturer warranty
- Waterproof and UV resistant
- Speakers give out clear sound
- Easy to clean and mount
- Detailed instruction booklet is included
- The backplate was reported to be difficult to screw in
- LCD screen is not very easy to read
10. JVC KD-X33MBS Single DIN Marine Stereo
JVC Marine Stereo has been designed to witstand the harsh marine conditions including waves, wind and water splushes. Therefore the body of the stereo is made from waterproof material and all seams are covered with waterproof silicone gel.
Moreover, JVC marine stereo offers an optimal balance of graphic band equalizers as it has 13 of them. Plus, the FLAC playback system gives very clean sound even in the loud sea environment.
Furthermore, it has 3 sets of 4 volts amplifiers that are used for the output as well as several options for channel endurance. Like similar models mentioned above, the JVC marine stereo has Bluetooth connection and a USB port that you could use to connect your smartphone or tablet device.
- Clear sound even loud sea environment
- Build in Bluetooth that can be used for tablet and smartphone connection
- Waterproof body
- Durable and easy to use
- Some units were reported to have arrived damaged
- Not LCD screen
11. Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT Bluetooth Marine Stereo
Aquatic Marine System has been designed for use in extreme muddy conditions including rain, wind and even mud. Its compact and durable build makes it a great choice for boats, yachts and other marine transport.
Moreover, it supports MP3, Bluetooth and USB playback from your phone or other portable devices. The USB port is of standard parameters and will fit most smartphones, tablets and other similar devices.
Plus, it works great with FM/AM frequencies and the battery holds enough power for you to comfortably enjoy your voyage. Lastly, the 288 amplifiers can be easily connected to 8 speakers.
- It has a large LCD display
- USB device charging
- It requires a small footprint
- It comes with a warranty
- Also it has a Bluetooth Feature
- It is water resistant 100%
- It lacks a wireless remote support
12. Pyle Wireless Bluetooth Marine Audio Stereo
A durable marine stereo set that is made with latest technology that will ensure that you have clear sound all the time even out in the open water while you will be fishing or just enjoying sailing with loved ones or friends.
The set is made with patented dual sound system that uses latest American design with black plastic for outer body that a lot of customers have reported does not scratch or scuff easily and is fairly simple to keep clean as you can just wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.
This marine stereo set comes with a rechargeable battery as well as an USB cable in the packaging box that you can use to directly connect the stereo set to your computer or on boat charging station.
Over all individuals who have purchased this marine stereo set have reported that it gives out clear sound that is nice to hear however customers have also reported that the speakers tend to malfunction if they get wet either from the waves or rain thus you might want to think about how you can seal the speakers from the outer factor such as water.
- Affordable marine stereo set
- Clear and precise sound
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Comes with a USB cable rechargeable battery
- Lack of customer support
- Speakers engine malfunction when wet
- Does not come with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi features
13. Sony DSX-M55BT Bluetooth Marine Stereo
Another set of marine stereo speakers that come with an additional amplifier therefore you can use these speakers even on a large boat as the amplifier will ensure that the sound will be dispersed evenly and correctly.
Moreover keep in mind that they come simply in a packaging box without any additional accessories such as a USB cable or a charger so you will need to think how you are going to connect them up front
However individuals who have purchased them have reported that’s not a problem because you can easily connect the speakers to your laptop or iPhone and select the music right from there. Of course you can also use your on-boat radio to browse the channels for preferred music.
Unlike the marine stereo above this set comes with a waterproof exterior there for you not have to worry about it getting wet and malfunctioning. Plus, it is very easy to charge and clean as you would only need to wipe it with a microfiber cloth once in a while and check the interior for any signs of rusting or corroding. To prevent this process, it might be a good idea to coat inside elements with a silicone lubricant.
- Modern design that will be suitable for adults and teenagers alike
- Front USB port that is compatible with iOS and Android
- Building microphone and playback system
- Expensive compared to other models
- No manufacturer’s warranty
Most Important Factors to Look for in Marine Stereos
Look for highly powered marine stereos that will provide clean and very clear sound out in the open, usually, this means buying a best marine stereo with 4-way amplifiers. Also, look for the ones that are easy to connect to various other systems such as iPods and iPhones plus to external amplifiers because you never know when you might need extra sound.
In conclusion, I would like to remind you to always look for the best marine stereo you can afford. Moreover, pay special attention to the body type of the marine stereo and always look to buy ones that are waterproof and have an anti-rust layer.