Whether you like to work hard or play hard in the great outdoors, one thing is certain. You need to protect yourself from the elements – rain, wind, cold, snow – especially in climates that have extreme weather. If you are one that enjoys outdoor adventures or are required to work in all manner of extreme weather, best waterproof boots it is vitally important that you dressproperly.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of 7 Best Waterproof Boots in 2019
- Cold Weather Proper Dress Tips
- Top 7 Best Waterproof Boots Review in 2019
- 1. MuckBoots Woody Sport Boot – Best for Cool Hunting
- 2. Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus – Best Boot for Cold-Weather
- 3. Bogs Men’s Classic Ultra Mid Boots – Best for Winter Snow
- 4. XTRATUF Legacy Men’s Fishing Boot – Best Waterproof Steel Toe Boots
- 5. Grubs Treeline 8.5 SP – Best for Hunting Boots
- 6. Muck Boot Adult MuckMaster – Best Waterproof Boots for Women’s
- 7. Honeywell Ranger Bullhead Heavy-Duty Hip Boots – Best Waterproof Boot for Men’s
- Protecting Yourself from Frostbite
- Final Thoughts
- Relevant Resources
Comparisons of 7 Best Waterproof Boots in 2019
|Image||Product Name||Features||Latest Price|
|MuckBoots Woody Sport Cool Hunting Boot||Check Price|
|Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Cold-Weather Boot||Check Price|
|Bogs Classic Ultra Mid Waterproof Winter Snow Boot||Check Price|
|XTRATUF Legacy 22273G-CTM-050 Men’s Fishing Boots||Check Price|
|Grubs Treeline 8.5 SP High Hunting Boots||Check Price|
|Muck Boot Adult MuckMaster Hi-Cut Boot||Check Price|
|Honeywell Ranger Bullhead Heavy-Duty Men’s Hip Boots||Check Price|
Cold Weather Proper Dress Tips
- Wear at least 3 layers of clothing – inner layer to keep moisture away from your body (wool, silk, polypropylene; middle layer for insulation (wool, synthetic material); outer layer to protect from rain and wind.
- Outer layer should be ventilated to avoid overheating.
- Wear loose clothing to ensure proper blood circulation.
- In extreme cold, be sure to cover your face and mouth with a knit pullover mask.
- Wearing a hat that provides protection for your ears will decrease the amount of body heat you lose from the head. This also protects your lungs from extremely cold temperatures.
- Protect your hands from the elements with insulated, waterproof gloves that are breathable to reduce moisture against your skin.
- Protect your feet from the wet and cold by wearing insulated, best waterproof boots.
- Have extra clothing, including socks, available and change immediately if they get wet.
Top 7 Best Waterproof Boots Review in 2019
1. MuckBoots Woody Sport Boot – Best for Cool Hunting
If you work outdoors, it is important to keep your feet dry and warm, yet cool enough that your feet do not sweat and cause moisture that can lead to frostbite or hypothermia. If you are looking for the best waterproof work boots, consider Muck Boots Woody Sport Boot.
Whether you work in the hot summer sun or the cold temperatures of winter, your feet will remain comfortable and dry – and protected from the elements. Muck Boots XpressCool liner wicks away moisture as soon as you start to sweat.
AirMesh technology allows your feet to breathe, keeping them cool in warmer temperatures and warm in cooler temperatures. The Woody Sport Boot is designed for all terrains and is lightweight and easy to move in as your work, hunt, or fish.
2. Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus – Best Boot for Cold-Weather
One of the best waterproof winter boots is the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus III. Rated at -25 degrees Fahrenheit, the Bugaboot Plus III is designed to keep your feet warm and dry in the most extreme weather. For work or play, these rugged boots are super warm with thermal-reflective liners that keep your feet dry from the elements and dry from your own sweat.
The Bugaboot Plus III is also one of the best men’s hiking boots on the market. Based in Portland, Oregon, Columbia Sportwear Company is a family-owned and operated business that has been dedicated to providing the warmest and most rugged sportswear for over 70 years.
From its humble beginnings as Columbia Hat Company in the 1930s, the company motto has long been “It’s perfect, now make it better”. Dedication and innovation have turned this small company into one of the leading global providers of quality sportswear designed to keep you dry, warm, cool, and protected from the extreme elements.
3. Bogs Men’s Classic Ultra Mid Boots – Best for Winter Snow
The Bogs Men’s Classic Ultra Winter Snow Boot is one of the best options available if you are looking for the best waterproof snow boots. There is nothing colder or wetter than spending long days working or playing in the snow.
Waterproof outside and Max-Wick lining inside keep your feet warm and dry – protecting them from the snow on the outside and moisture from your feet on the inside. Founded in Oregon, Bogs began with a single style boot designed for the farm/agriculture business.
Since its inception in 2002, Bogs has designed a line of waterproof boots designed for just about any occasion from farming to gardening to working in the great outdoors. Bogs left no one out – creating a line for men, women, children, and babies. Today Bogs strives to provide the most comfortable best waterproof boots to protect you from the elements – work or play, rain or snow.
4. XTRATUF Legacy Men’s Fishing Boot – Best Waterproof Steel Toe Boots
If your job includes long days on a construction site or working with large equipment, you will need the best waterproof steel toe boots to protect your feet from the elements and the dangers of the job. Xtratuf Legacy Series is the boot that gets the job done.
The slip-resistant sole provides extreme traction on any surface to protect you from spills and falls during extreme weather. What better place to create the best waterproof boots to protect your feet from extreme elements than Alaska?
Xtratuf waterproof boots have been worn by Alaska fishermen (recreational and professional) for over 50 years. Xtratuf remains dedicated to providing boots that are 100% waterproof and designed to keep your feet warm and dry – no matter the temperature.
5. Grubs Treeline 8.5 SP – Best for Hunting Boots
Grubs Treeline High Hunting Boots should be on your list when you are considering the best waterproof hunting boots. Whether you are hunting during warm weather or during the coldest season of the year, Grubs Treeline will keep your feet protected from the elements and the Mossy Oak New Break-Up camouflage will help you blend in with the scenery around you.
Grubs Treeline boots have lots of ankle support and insulation along with the non-slip sole provides a comfortable and safe walk through all sorts of terrain and in all sorts of weather conditions. The boots offer the hunter the comfort and supports/he needs to spend long days in the woods searching for the big buck.
6. Muck Boot Adult MuckMaster – Best Waterproof Boots for Women’s
Since women like to play and work in the great outdoors as much as men, finding the best waterproof boots for women is vital to prepare yourself for the extremes in weather and other conditions that you will run into.
Muck Boot MuckMaster Hi-Cut Boots are designed to fit both men and women and are the ultimate heavy-duty boots for all conditions. Since 1999, Muck Boots have been dedicated to providing the world with the most comfortable, high-performance boots on the market.
From the original Muck Boot, the line has grown to over 60 styles of boots in quality rubber and leather styles. The Muck Boot brand is one of the fastest growing lines in the waterproof footwear industry. As lightweight and comfortable as the MuckMaster boot is, it would also qualify as one of the best women’s waterproof hiking boot.
7. Honeywell Ranger Bullhead Heavy-Duty Hip Boots – Best Waterproof Boot for Men’s
For the best men’s waterproof boots, consider the Ranger Bullhead Heavy-Duty Men’s Full Boot. These insulated hip boots are durable and flexible in all conditions – rain, snow, sleet, or sunshine. Any time your will encounter water during your work or play, your feet will be protected by these durable, industrial weight vulcanized rubber boots.
Complete coverage from your feet to your hips in any situation that requires wading or mucking around in water, snow, or mud. Whether you use them for farming, fishing, hunting, or working in conditions that require you to constantly wade in water, Ranger Bullhead boots keep your feet and legs warm, dry, and comfortable – inside and out (Source).
Protecting Yourself from Frostbite
In extremely cold temperatures, frostbite can occur in less than 1 minute (Source). Frostbite is caused by exposure to exceedingly cold temperatures. It can be result in serious medical complications, such as amputation. The most often affected areas for frostbite include finger, toes, ears, nose, chin, and cheeks.
Signs of Frostbite:
- Extremely cold skin
- Prickly feeling – similar to the feeling you get if you have poor circulation
- Skin color changes – look for white, red, bluish white, or grayish yellow
- Skin that is hard or waxy-looking
- Joint and muscle stiffness
- In severe cases of frostbite, the skin may blister once you are warm.
If You Detect Frostbite, Be Sure to Do the Following:
- Get to a warm room as quickly as possible. If you cannot go inside immediately, wrap the affected area to protect it from further damage until you can.
- Soak the affected area in warm water for at least 30 minutes.
- Do NOT use direct heat from a stove, fireplace, heating pad, or heat lamp to rewarm.
- Do NOT rub with snow.
- Don’t massage the area – this can cause more damage to the tissue.
- Do NOT walk on frostbitten toes or feet if at all possible.
- If you cannot immediately go indoors, place hands/fingers under your armpit to protect from more exposure and begin the rewarming process.
- If you suspect hypothermia, immediately seek medical attention. Call 911.
Protecting Yourself from Hypothermia:
Hypothermia is abnormally low body temperatures (Source). Hypothermia is caused by prolonged exposure to cold temperatures when your body loses heat quicker than it can produce heat. Low body temperatures can affect the brain and make it difficult to move well or think clearly. It also affects your heart, nervous system, and respiratory system.
Signs of Hypothermia Include:
- Shallow, or slow, breathing
- Uncontrollable shivering
- Bright red, cold skin in infants
- Slurred speech
- Low energy
- Lack of coordination
- Weak pulse
- Loss of consciousness
If you detect hypothermia, immediately call 911 and/or seek medical attention. If possible, gently move the victim inside. Remove wet clothing and replace with warm, dry blankets or coats while waiting for help.
Whether you are searching for the best waterproof hiking boots or the best waterproof boots for farming or construction work, this list of boots gives you plenty of options. There are several things to consider when choosing winter boots.
Fit – For a boot to be comfortable and provide the proper support, it is important to choose a boot that fits snugly without being too tight on your feet. You also do not want boots that fit loosely and move around on your feet, which can cause blisters after hours of work or play. As you research boots, be sure to read customer reviews to find out if the boots are true-to-size, fit loosely, or fit tightly. This allows you to choose the correct size for the most comfort.
Waterproof – Whether warm or cold, if you work or play around water, it is vital to have boots that are completely waterproof and fit snug enough at the top so that water and cold air do not seep into your boots.
Insulation – Another consideration is insulation. The amount of insulation will determine if your boots will be comfortable for long days on the job. Also, it is important to have a layer of moisture-wicking, breathable material inside the boot to wick away the moisture that comes from your body and to prevent overheating inside the boot.
Temperature Ratings – Temperature ratings are vital if you will be outdoors during extremely cold temperatures to avoid the risk of frostbite and/or hypothermia. Be sure to check the temperature ratings of the boots to be sure they will be adequate for the conditions you will encounter.